Boss 57trim Turbo?

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
Im thinking about purchasing a boss 57trim dual ball bearing turbo from suprasport.com, I was wondering if will bolt up with my TMS downpipe? Will 550cc injectors be large enough for the fuel needed? Will it be ok to switch to an atmosphiric BOV?
If the boss turbo wont bolt up I just might go with driftmotions 57trim ct26. Sounds like a pretty good turbo at a great price.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
N87Turbo;1118473 said:
Im thinking about purchasing a boss 57trim dual ball bearing turbo from suprasport.com, I was wondering if will bolt up with my TMS downpipe? Will 550cc injectors be large enough for the fuel needed? Will it be ok to switch to an atmosphiric BOV?
If the boss turbo wont bolt up I just might go with driftmotions 57trim ct26. Sounds like a pretty good turbo at a great price.

The Boss Turbo has the same bolt pattern as the stock CT-26. Yes they will fit each other. Do you have a CT-26 on the car now?
The 550 will do just fine for the Boss Turbo with the 57 trim.
Greg
Lipp/SS

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
Yeah I just have a stock ct-26, I am thinking of upgrading to a 57trim and the boss looks like the best choice, just didn't know if it would fit. My other route would be the driftmotion ct26 57trim turbo which is better priced but I think im gonna go with the boss.
Is my head gasket gonna be ok with pushing more boost? it was changed 6,500 miles by the previous owner (done by a Toyota mechanic) I dunno if it was a MHG or not, or should I get a MHG now?

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
A MHG is the way to go. Keep your boost down and it may last, but that is why you are going with a bigger turbo is for the power. Save time and change it when you install a new turbo. The Boss has a high pressure wheel and will go above 30 psi of boost. If your motor is not built for that much stay in the 18 to 25 range