Bore Over Size???

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
What is the best over size bore? Would like to produce enough hp to run low 12's. How much hp would be needed to run low 12's? What type of piston and rods would be needed?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
a larger bore doesn't really make more power on a forced induction engine.

On my current block, I was forced to go 1mm oversize to clean up some deep scratches. Now, if I get scratches again.... time to find a new block. Go the minimum.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
supra_89_vang said:
What is the best over size bore? Would like to produce enough hp to run low 12's. How much hp would be needed to run low 12's? What type of piston and rods would be needed?

A decent driver needs approx 360-375 RWHP to run low 12's in our cars at full weight. However, with that in mind, I have seen 450 hp supras run low 12's also.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
go .020 over. and dude...make sure u take it to a respectable machine shop who has plenty experience with supras, or at least with imports. i personally know 3 people here in central ohio, myself included, who have blown up built 7ms (all running low boost and within 1500 miles) because of faulty machine work- mainly miss boring. and these were shops who had YEARS of experience building race car engines (domestic v8s however). seriously...do ur research before taking it in. u don't want to find yourself in the same boat as me right now, lol.

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
Great information and thanks. I do know a shop in Illionis called Sound Performance and they deal a lot of supras. They are my first choose when I rebuild my motor. Thanks again.