boosting problems

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
okay so when i get on it hard in my car when i try to hit boost when my car starts boostin my car jerks badly like back and forth until i get off the gas but also when the turbo spools it makes this really loud sound like an air sound pushing past something i dunno but its really loud

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yep, sounds like you're hittin fuel cut with the violent jerks at boost. your check engine light goes on for a sec when this happens doesn't it, it sets a irregular boost pressure code. i forget the code number.
do you got a whole buncha shims in that wastegate of yours?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
what psi? what turbo? automatic or manual?(hey might be a bad auto tranny ;)) we need more information if we are to help you it would be many a thing

project87supra

Jul 16, 2007
West Chicago il
it sound like what problem i had, my problem was that the cat was pluged and it kept blowing out my gasket between my elbow and the waste gate see if leaking there, check all exhaust gaskets and remove inake going to the turbo and check turbo shaft play and the jerking does sound like boost cut check how much feul pressure you have and flow test you injectors, does it jerk when you hit full boost or is it through out boost

jcr2fast4u

7mlover
Jan 5, 2008
southern cali
i think it's boost leak because you said it's pretty much stock nothing really done you should be able to boost roughly 11-12psi (near sea level) on the stock CT-26 and you'r hitting boost cut at 10psi's that's way to early try checking all your vacume lines, intercooler pipes, and your afm any thing that can cause a leak
(leaks= bad on a turbo car)

Last edited:

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
well it onyl started doing this recently i was able to hit around 11-12 psi of bosst withno problems besides when i did hit boost there would be this realy really loud air rushing sound but i think that was the onset of my turbo dying do you think it could quite possibly be my turbo

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
make a boost leak tester cost me around $5 total for mine and it saved my a$$ from speding alot of money. search for how to make one its extremely simple to make and use as long as you have an air compressor and regulator to set it at a proper pressure aroun 15 psi is what i used and no problems since i got new injector seals. Boost FTMFW!!!!!

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
try to use punctuation in you sentences. it makes it easier to understand what your trying to stay.
sounds like a boost leak to me

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
well it was a boost leak during lunch at school i went to check out my MBC and loe and behold one of the vacumm lines hooked up to it was laying against the exhaust manifold and it burnt a hole through the vacumm line lol now my only problem to fix is to find the coolant leak

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
Well if you arnt hitting fuel cut it could be your MAF. I had this exact problem where right around boost there would be a crappy jerking and would instantly stop once i took my foot off the gas. Because your only boosting 10lbs, I would think its not fuel cut, but the problem you are describing sounds like it could only be a fuel cut issue. Switch out your MAF electronics and see what happens. It was a beautiful thing when all I had to do was replace that little balck box to get the car going right.