boost leak

hunka13

nonlurker
Dec 3, 2007
clackamas oregon
so how do i know if i have a boost leak my system is all stock including the bov should i be able to hear it building boost like swish of air and what do i need to have done before i get an after market bov ie. exhaust... sorry if this is in the wrong spot thanks

89TargaT

No Traction FTL...
Jan 30, 2008
Missouri
Early fuel cut, loss of power, running rich, and you'll hear air rushing out of one of your intercooler pipes. The one coming off the turbo is the most common one to go. Build a boost leak tester to check for leaks or you can look around for obvious holes/cracks. Then again it could be a loose clamp.

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
you can hook it up to a leak tester. all it dose is make smoke so you can see if anything is leaking. have the car off when you do it. what kinda sound do you hear when you shit and whats the boost gage reading?

hunka13

nonlurker
Dec 3, 2007
clackamas oregon
it sounds normal when i shift and im hitting 7 to 8 pounds when im beating it pretty good it just doesnt have the push like hitting the powerband on a 2 stroke like it used to but i also changed my suspension so its stiffer so i dont get the back sag

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
super supra dave;1067221 said:
what kinda sound do you hear when you shit and whats the boost gage reading?

WTF does that have to do with a boost leak?!?!
And why are you asking this on a forum?!?!