boost gauge reads 0 when driving

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
hate to sound like i know what i'm talking about. but I don't

what does it mean when the boost gauge reads 0psi while driving?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
88targarose said:
Is it the factory boost gauge? If so that thing's as useless as an oil pressure gauge in a badger's ass.

way to be wrong. it shows vacuum, zero pressure and positive pressure. so it serves SOME purpose...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
88targarose said:
Is it the factory boost gauge? If so that thing's as useless as an oil pressure gauge in a badger's ass.

i dunno about that. my stock gauge has always read the same boost as my other meters. at once i had a profec, boost gauge, and stock gauge reading, and they were all the same. maybe yours is broke, but my stock gauge reads fine until it maxes out. it just reacts too slow, thats all

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ah, that's easy! These pretty much explain everything. :)

vac-hose2.gif

vac-hose3.gif

88targarose

Got Boredom?
Apr 7, 2005
Albuq, NM
www.turboninjas.com
way to be wrong. it shows vacuum, zero pressure and positive pressure. so it serves SOME purpose...
Yes, That's it. Because any 2 day schooled driver couldn't figure out when they're in boost and when they're out of it.

As for their accuracy, I've got access to no less than 6 mk3's here. Never met one that was accurate, ever.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
88targarose said:
Yes, That's it. Because any 2 day schooled driver couldn't figure out when they're in boost and when they're out of it.

As for their accuracy, I've got access to no less than 6 mk3's here. Never met one that was accurate, ever.

well cuz the boys never took care of the car

mine was accurate.. just slower than dog shit during a Minnesota winter.