Boost gauge having trouble 1jz

boostintrdstyle

boostintrdstyle-
Jan 6, 2008
danielson
www.myspace.com
So I single turbo my 1j and I have a auto meter boos gauge and I can't seem to get it working properly. I can either get it to read vacuum or boost but not both at the same Time. I've hooked it into the manifold by itself, and I've hooked it into throttle body by the power steering pump. Can't figure it out I'm wondering if its a faulty gauge.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Is it a electric unit?. May have a faulty sensor inside of it. My aem had that issue. I had to sen it back they give me a new one

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
wtf is this boost-gauge for ??
All boost-gauges i've been using as one single vacum-hose to the intake plenum, and thats it.

suggest reading the manual would make more sense...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
pbasil1;1919134 said:
It wont read boost and vacuum at the same time... It always one or the other.
You deserve a cookie sir. Had a bit of a laugh at the thread myself. No offense to the OP, but pretty much any gauge I can think of on a car can only be at one position at a time. Your gas needle is either empty, full, or somewhere in between, but not all at the same time. ;)

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
I know exactly what your talking about because that's how mine is right now! I even went and bought a brand new autometer gauge and it read vacuum and boost for two pulls then after that it only reads vacuum. everytime I know I'm in boost basically WOT it goes to 0 and stays there all the way. I'm going to go over my vacuum lines and figure out where my gauge connects to.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You SURE you're getting boost? If the gauge will still read the vacuum readings, but not boost, it sounds to me like you may have a massive piping leak... It'll sound like you're in boost, but it sure won't feel like it.