boost controller question

mk3supra978

Nov 9, 2010
MASS
is this true ? somebody told me if i disconnected my boost controller and put it bak to normal and i would but running off my performance parts only ? (front mount exhaust intake etc) what do ya'll think about this ?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
CyFi6;1701810 said:
If your question made an ounce of sense youd probably get a reply a little quicker, i honestly have no idea what you are asking.

+1 I wouldn't touch thr car if I were him.. In fact I'd sell it to someone who knows what they are doing. +++ I'm a cucumber.

mk3supra978

Nov 9, 2010
MASS
ok ill say this again SOMEBODY on this FORUM told me that if i disconnected my MBC and connected it back to stock meaning running no boost controller..WOULD I BE RUNNING OFF MY PERFORMANCE PARTS AND NOT FORCNING PSI'S THRU A BOOST CONTROLLER...NOW ONCE AGAIN I HEARD THIS FROM SOMEBODY ONE THIS FORUM SO CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG THANK YOU N GOOD DAY =)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
All the boost controller does is limit how much pressure your wastegate actuator sees. The stock WG pressure for a ct-26 is around 7psi depending on the model, so if you completely remove the boost controller and just run a line from one port to the other (like stock) you will be set at stock boost pressure. Boost controllers can only increase boost, not decrease. Again I really don't know what you are asking, I don't know what you mean by running off your performance parts. If you have performance parts installed then yes you will be "running off" of them.

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
im pretty sure he means if he disconnects his mbc and has exhaust, intake, and fmic will he see the more boost(or something to that extent?). I had 3" dp and 3" catless exhaust and intake and saw 9psi without a mbc.

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
CyFi6;1701838 said:
All the boost controller does is limit how much pressure your wastegate actuator sees. The stock WG pressure for a ct-26 is around 7psi depending on the model, so if you completely remove the boost controller and just run a line from one port to the other (like stock) you will be set at stock boost pressure. Boost controllers can only increase boost, not decrease. Again I really don't know what you are asking, I don't know what you mean by running off your performance parts. If you have performance parts installed then yes you will be "running off" of them.

+1... Also you get more flies with sugar then with vinegar. Just because you put your response in all caps doesn't mean it makes more sense.