bolt on turbo kit for non-turbo supra

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Does anyone know of an afm complete turbo kit for an 1988 Toyota supra(nonturbo)?? I have been looking for awhile now and cant seem to find anything.

If anyone knows anything about a nonturbo being converted to a turbo 7mge, let me know, or would it be better to swap to a turbo engine?

Let me know
Thanks

Beau

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Depends on where you want to end up with the engine, power wise.

Most people just swap in an entire engine and electronics, as a turbo shell can be had pretty cheap in most places in the US. Find one with some rear end damage and you can likely get it for a song.

However, the N/A pistons will give you a higher compression, which equals more power at less boost - as long as you don't mind sacraficing some high end potential. (Say, the 450+ hp range - and no, I'm not certain of the numbers, I don't think anyone has really pushed the N/A piston's compression to the limit.)

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
i dont really want to excede 400-450 hp, so what would you recommend? swaping out the motor to a 7mgte? Or trying to turbo my n/a?

Also, would the higher compression make me have to change from like premium fuel to like racing fuel, like camII??

if it changes the compression to where i need a high octaine fuel, i dont want any part in it....

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
For those HP goals, adding the turbo to your existing engine sounds like the best bet.

I should point out that ANY forced induction engine should use premium fuel. Race fuel is just another step, should your boost requirements start to cause knock.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
this kind of build up is referd to the na-t build up.
it would benifit you to do some research on this topic, and jus fyi i havent seen anyone go beyound 450whp with the na-t build up but i think you will be fine.