Bolt broke in the caliper bracket

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
It's not a supra but my GF's laser but there are no forums for her car besides stupid ricer ones.... anyways i was going to change out her brake pads because it was braking funny and one of the bolt/pin broke off inside the caliper bracket... The setup uses a bolt/pin style where the sliding part on the caliper is used on this same bolt.. But the part that slides broke off inside :nono: dont know how but must be seized... any thoughts on getting it out? there is a little bit of it out to get a pair of vice grips on it but its in there good i couldnt get it out with that.. i was thinking about taking the welder and welding a big peice of metal to the bolt to get more leverage but unsure of other options...

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
bigal0043 said:
It's not a supra but my GF's laser but there are no forums for her car besides stupid ricer ones.... anyways i was going to change out her brake pads because it was braking funny and one of the bolt/pin broke off inside the caliper bracket... The setup uses a bolt/pin style where the sliding part on the caliper is used on this same bolt.. But the part that slides broke off inside :nono: dont know how but must be seized... any thoughts on getting it out? there is a little bit of it out to get a pair of vice grips on it but its in there good i couldnt get it out with that.. i was thinking about taking the welder and welding a big peice of metal to the bolt to get more leverage but unsure of other options...

Weldings the only thing that i can think of.