Body Work Experts!! I need your help!

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
well i just need to know how to fix the clear coat that is peelin off the driver side door and a little on the hood. it makes my supra look dirty and ugly.

do i just sand it down and re-clear coat it?? :1zhelp: a step-by-step procedure would be helpful and nice...

thanks in advance!!:icon_bigg

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
MK3_Turbo said:
well i just need to know how to fix the clear coat that is peelin off the driver side door and a little on the hood. it makes my supra look dirty and ugly.

do i just sand it down and re-clear coat it?? :1zhelp: a step-by-step procedure would be helpful and nice...

thanks in advance!!:icon_bigg
pm johnathan1 or is it johnathon1?

he's like the clearcoat/paint/colorsanding expert.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Haha Matt...

It would be best to sand the remaining clear off, and respray it, but you can get by with wet sanding the remaining clear off, (1000-2000 grit) and buffing the paint underneath, and then sealing it with a good wax.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm with Rajunz, don't screw around and waste your time wet sanding and buffing just to have it haze out and peel at the edges. (And anyone who knows what they are looking at will see this in a milisecond.)

If you do not want to repaint the entire car, just fix the panels where the clear coat has failed. (New matching color, and clear coat.)

Just make sure you remove your trim, and do a good job. Nothing looks worse IMHO than fresh paint and shitty masking work. (Why bother?)