Body side mouldings

bruceg1973

Apr 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
I have an 86.5 MK3...my uncle bought it brand new, and have driven it for 10 years. I am an ex bodyman, so its time to pull her apart and give her a complete once over. But the problem is...where do I find body side mouldings? I need every one. They are all trashed.
Thanks a lot

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I would try here in the for sale section and I would place ad ad here under wanted section, if you try this chances you'll get results maybe not right away but somthing will come your way.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Retro-Spec has brand new fiberglass 89+ trim, for about 259.99 for primered, CF and painted are a bit more, but they're definitely cheaper than trying to get them from the dealer, and easier than piecing together a set..

bruceg1973

Apr 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Thanks a lot! I sent them a message, I hope to hear back from them. Great cars btw...

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Thanks, but where is the for sale section? You can tell I am new to this whole thing. Just signed up!

bruceg1973

Apr 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Well, being an ex bodyman, I could do that. I think Ive decided on getting a primered set and painting the colour of the car ( white) since I cannot get them new, which is really sad. Oh well!

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
I have done a google search and found bicycles, glasses and french antique car parts but no Retro-Spec for the supra. Would someone give me the link please. I am in need of side mouldings for my 87.
Thanks

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
IMG_9819.jpg
IMG_7809.jpg
IMG_9837.jpg

As you can tell this is my first attempt at attaching pictures so bare with me. I haven't been able to find any side mouldings so thought I would try and fix mine. Took the one behind the drivers side wheel well and removed the rusted metal. I took alot of work but finally got it out. The moulding looks fine but now floppy. Thought I could glue it or tape it on the car regardless. What do you think.

Attachments

• IMG_6335.jpg
    IMG_6335.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 16