body kits

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1893152 said:
if it's that cheap it's going to be crap...
This. This so very much... I paid over that for just my front bumper cover.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
Like most add-ons, if you want to save some cash, you can always look for a used/take-off/parting-out-my-baby version of a high quality part. Second hand good thing > brand new meh thing. Check out shine.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
destrux;1893368 said:
You'll be ripping your hair out trying to make it fit.

True

hvyman;1893369 said:
Plus its ugly.

Even more true.

iruyle;1893507 said:
Check out shine.
You could get a full aero kit from Shine for $700 + shipping

Spec-G Bumper: $300 (or a Spec-G lip for $200)
Side skirts $250
Rear Addons $150

Combined shipping for all the parts are $200. (If you get a lip, instead of the bumper, shipping is $150)

http://www.shineautoproject.com/portfolio/supra-mkiii-bumper-and-lip-aero/

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I always thought the kit was ugly. Still do, but honestly "yourenemy" has that kit and he pulls it off somehow.

My personal preference is to go for a front lip with airguide (on an 89+ bumper). Cheaper too.

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Cheaper doesn't always mean crap and in this world of mass production and over pricing I am sure someone is going to produce something else for less money sooner or later and its gonna make the original vendors lower their price.

In this case the duraflex units are known to be cheap and flexible. Not the best fitment but then again its down to the installer to make it fit. not everything can be a bolt on. If you look carid carries the same kits with more options and shows some demonstrations on the units.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Personally I find it to be a bit extreme looking (as in ... kills the MK3 look totally). The only part I dont really mind is the sideskirts. Personally I would look over the Shineauto web first before you buy that.

I originally looked at those ebay kits, but after looking for over a year, I decided that my personal preference was fulfilled by the Shine lineup.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ttsupra2503;1893656 said:
Cheaper doesn't always mean crap and in this world of mass production and over pricing I am sure someone is going to produce something else for less money sooner or later and its gonna make the original vendors lower their price.

In this case the duraflex units are known to be cheap and flexible. Not the best fitment but then again its down to the installer to make it fit. not everything can be a bolt on. If you look carid carries the same kits with more options and shows some demonstrations on the units.

Doesn't always, but it generally does, especially with fiberglass parts (ever heard of a chop gun?)

Also, the duraflex resin is more expensive.

ianstaley

Jul 21, 2011
Pontefract
They charge big money for transport. I asked for one to the UK, 200 bucks for the part 950 bucks for the transport EX tax in the uk. they think everyone's name is Homer, duuuuh

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ianstaley;1893724 said:
They charge big money for transport. I asked for one to the UK, 200 bucks for the part 950 bucks for the transport EX tax in the uk. they think everyone's name is Homer, duuuuh

Well, the parts are huge and it's going across an ocean...dunno what you expect.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Its all about taste really, some are going to hate it and some are going to like it. Does it change the look of the car?................of course, that's the whole point of the body kit. I have the same body kit on my car and love it. The only difference is that mine came with something similar to the Bomex rear add ons for the rear instead of the whole bumper cover. I did extra work to the kit rather than just bolting it up like some do. I molded the rear pieces to the bumper so it would look like a single piece instead of having the separation and did the same to the side skirts. I also installed braces on the front to add rigidity so it wouldn't flap like some others I've seen. The kit is ultimately going to look as good as the person installing it wants.

IMAG0056.jpg
IMAG0055.jpg