bmk22 bypass fillter and oil cooler install on 1jz

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
OK so i just bought a Amsoil bmk22 bypass oil filter and im trying to figure out a couple of things. what i wanna do is eliminate the factory oil/water cooler and add a big plate style oil cooler. here's my question's what should i use to eliminate the factory oil/water cooler? do i need the NA stud, filter adapter, or a sandwich plate? i wanna go from the block to the amsoil filter (1 full flow filter 1 bypass filter) then go to a temp switch then in to the oil cooler. so what are some setups you guys are you using? i already read through the sticky and didn't understand it completely which is why im posting here.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Not sure what you're talking about with "factory oil/water cooler" thing but a sandwich adapter will work for that setup.

And where the heck is the Dubster? Did he finally get sick of this place? I know the feeling...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
JJ - He's talking about a 1JZ motor. I'm not very familiar with that engine myself, but there has to be a way to eliminate the stock oil/water cooler and route to a oil/air conventional cooler. I would just lengthen and route to hoses to a front mounted cooler.

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
so should i just plug those water lines that go to the factory oil cooler or should i connect them together? also would the sandwich plate come with a bolt big enough to mount to the factory hole or would i need to source one on my own. because the factory oil filter mounts to the oil water cooler and a adapter thing mounts over the hole in the block with a big freaking bolt running through it. so does any one no if the na stud will work or if i need something similar to the factory bolt?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

im also considering returning the amsoil kit and just using a regular dual filter head and making my own hoses and mounts as i think it will be cheaper id still be using a wix full flow and a trasko bypass filter for the other. then to a temp switch and B&M oil cooler

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You need to work out if the Coolant In/Out is part of the Pump bypass, if it is just connect a hose between them and you're good to go.

The "Big Bolt" should have a female thread that screws over a normal filter stud.