Blue smoke

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Ok so on the freeway this little dodge stealth was getting on when i was and he took off so i had to show him i would not be left behind, Was boosting about 4pds an looked in mirror to make sure lane was clear to pass him and seen blue smoke from my car in the distance. let off an no more smoke, normal cruise no smoke. Pulled into auto parts an checked was low on oil. Continued on watching boosted a few times no smoke and normal stop go an cruise no smoke, later in the day boost an smoke... SO it is not a continual problem or a problem when not boosting. Any idea's?

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
more than likely turbo seals if it only happens when under load. Could be rings as well, but it would happen more often. Do a compression test to be safe and make sure you have a healthy motor.

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
We also seen some oil in my intercooler pipe so Mike thinks it could be pushing that oil when i boost. I will check compression when it goes in for body an paint work, my luck will have a pretty car that will not run!!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
sounds alot like turbo seals, my old 200sx did the same thing. also look in the pcv system for excess buildup, unless you have a catch can already.