BLOWNHEADGASKET..lame. A couple questions.

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
Hey fellow supramanics :1zhelp:. My baby is down and out and has been for months. Need some help getting her back on her feet. 137,xxx miles Blown HG... :3d_frown: Should i sick to stock tickness if there is no damage to head? Are stock specs wrong due to 7m-ge being torqued wrong out of factory? Should i just buy a gasket kit for top half of engine? Should i sick with a brand like Greddy? Should i just buy a rebuilt 7mgte for swap:naughty:? thanks guys!

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
what are your plans? how much money do u have? and are willing to spend? how much time do u have? etc..
these questions have been asked a lot lol

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
as far as plans go i have no idea, thats y shes been sitting in my driveway. got about 2,000$. I was just going to repair the blown head gasket but then was thinking to myslef y do that when i can just buy a rebuilt 7mgte with a MHG...if possible?? and drop that bad boy in.

As far as time goes i have a dude on my street who is a ex senior tech for Jaguar. He wanted me to buy a front clip with a 2jz and he would help me swap it, if i pay him of course. In his words he said the 7mgte swap was "easy" and "y micky mouse it go for the 2jz" haha what ever that means.. but his face looked like this :evil2:. So i dont think it would take us to long to do it.. thats if i do the swap tho.

or should i just suck it up with my low power 7mge and do the repair already? if so i need answers to thos q's :naughty: