Blow threw AFM

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
I am going to look at a 7mgte swapped 240sx for a good friend who is looking for a low budget drag car.In the pic thats posted on CL this guy has the AFM set up as a blow threw rather than before the turbo. I though that the AFM cannot work under boost. so did this thing have the slightest possible chance of running like that? is this guy full of it, stating that it was running like it is setup? i have not seen it yet so not sure if it has something else controlling air/fuel under boost.
here is the link
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2937004222.html

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
thanks for the input, it does look really bad. ill just tell the guy looking its not worth the headache.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Lots of dodgy stuff on that... Though there's probably a grand worth of parts :rofl:

I doubt the damn thing EVER ran, let alone did 12's... I love the aftermarket lights that are missing their outter lenses too :rofl:

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
With the AFM in that location, it seems to me that it would run fine, until you started to get into boost. Is that true?

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
IIRC someone on the other forum disassembled the sensor in the MAF and realised that a blow-threw afm would be a big boost leak right there.

also it wouldnt read accuratly due to the well-above atmos pressure. Don't quote me on that

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
Looking at that ad, I threw up a little bit in my mouth. Just because you can put the motor in doesn't mean you know how to make it work. Looks like a drunken weekend project gone wrong haha