Blow Offs

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
What are some of the better/cheaper blow offs on the market.. whats the most bang for the buck.. i want a PSSSHH sound.. not a mkIV birdcall...

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
my old 7m had a blitz with a loudmouth funnell on it. made the "pssshh" sound. by far, the loudest bov ive ever heard and i was only pushing 12-15psi. i still got it lyin around somewhere....

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
supra_ed said:
my old 7m had a blitz with a loudmouth funnell on it. made the "pssshh" sound. by far, the loudest bov ive ever heard and i was only pushing 12-15psi. i still got it lyin around somewhere....

im running stock still and dont know when id be able to get a boost controller so il be sitting at 6.8 psi awhile.. oh and you looking to get rid of it cause i may be interested

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
I have an HKS SSQV recirculated in to the stock nipple on the accordian intake hose. it makes a nice WHOOSH sound when it opens.

Here's a video of my car on the dyno for baselines. It does a full 2-stage blow off (if that makes sense, I'm a n00b :D) on the main pull at the end of the video after the Mk4 makes a pull, about 2:10 in.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qnDkWvsNxQ

DSCF0829.JPG

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Just changed from Hks ssqv to Bosch 110 recirculation valve and man Im loving the difference. No horspower gain but the response difference. The hks dumped to the atmosphere had a ton of shift lag. The Bosch almost nothing. And i paid $10 for it. :)

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
1st off- im totally against turboxs. i think its a cheaper brand- like turbosmart. my buddy had bad experince with turboxs bov on his dsm.
i really dont know if i wanna sell it yet- it comes mounted on a pipe that goes between 3000 pipe and fender. there r 3 people wanting to buy it.....ill think about it though. lol

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
I think on the cheap the best bov you can buy is a the stock one off of a 1st gen dsm. Stock they will hold around 20psi and modded you could get them to hold up to 30psi. They also make a very nice woosh sound.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Check driftmotion he has a lot of replica bovs for cheap. Otherwise the bosche by-pass valve or I have heard about the 1g dsm valve. Its visibly larger for sure.

The car will RUN better with a by-pass valve.

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
i have stock intercooler piping.. i called up the guy from suprastore.com and he said i need the super-sqv bov because of the piping. he said i dont need to weld anything. any others i can do with stock piping? plus i dont have to do any welding with this one correct? what tools do i need

Last edited:

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
suprastore.com sells a small section of pipe that is flanged for the HKS bovs. It just replaces a section of the stock pipe.

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
Red7m said:
I think on the cheap the best bov you can buy is a the stock one off of a 1st gen dsm. Stock they will hold around 20psi and modded you could get them to hold up to 30psi. They also make a very nice woosh sound.
yeah they are perfect for a good reliable great sounding bov. i have one with an adaptor to use with stock 3k pipe pm if interested.

-Zac

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Wheres the cheapest place to purchase the bosch bpv? I checked ebay and they dont say which series (110, 103, etc.) Also has anyone tried the alumminumone that supposed to be slightly better?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
aidanair said:

that greddy is the one i have.

i wasnt crazy about the bosch. i guess it did its job, but at certain boost/vac levels it would hoooooonnnnnkkk. sounded like a pissed off goose.

any bov will work, you just have to have the correct flange.

be advised, you may have stalling/over rich if you use a non-recirculated bov on a stock type afm.