www.jawsgear.com
Okay,

Preliminary Pricing and options.

1st time buyin price with 10+ units = $95.00

Includes:

Polished aluminum plate
With or without hood latch cut out
Blasted edges

Additional option we are looking at is a rubber lip like Mr Sinister suggested. Cost might be a little extra but small price to pay to not have your paint chip off. Will post actual cost when details are worked out for this option.

It will take about 2-3 weeks once I start making them to have ready to ship. I am going to make a sample and hopefully post a photo next week. Let me know if this works for you guys.:icon_bigg

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
ya i'd like to see a final picture too... a chrome plate option for a little extra would be nice too, that way its easy to keep clean. i imagine something this long and odd-shaped would be expensive to ship? prices for shipping would be nice too when u get final pricing and pics.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
born2drv said:
ya i'd like to see a final picture too... a chrome plate option for a little extra would be nice too, that way its easy to keep clean. i imagine something this long and odd-shaped would be expensive to ship? prices for shipping would be nice too when u get final pricing and pics.

I doubt shipping will be that much. It's not that long and pretty light. Should be under $20.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Ill take one. For the right price.

If its under 100 range--i would most deffinatly be in if it great quallity.

What is this going to be made out of?

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
The polished will look nice...for reference, a few of us locally had these made in stainless last year...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
That's the only pic I have of it right now. I'll try to figure out which box I put it in (car's down for overhauling at the moment). As I recall, someone with Duane's CF plate took it to a shop and it was just laser cut to match. The side edges are straight cuts, the front edge bevels slightly at about 1/3 of the distance from the centre to the edge to fit the contour of the nose. A little time with a file to get it all to line up on the rad support properly (every car was surprisingly a little different and needed a tweak or 2), and a little to clear the water bottle bracket and it was ready to go. I added some self adhesive rubber door edge trim to finish the appearance and protect the paint and it fit like a glove.

Last edited:

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Reign_Maker said:
I just have a serious problem with that... :icon_evil

I can understand individual loyalty to someone who is well known and helped out many others on this forum, but this situation was previously discussed with Duane. The only request Duane had is that I call it something other than a blockoff plate because that is what he calls his carbon fibre version. I can respect that, does anybody else have a better name? I am open to suggestions. Oh, and don't worry the name change will not effect the price at all.:biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IC Deflector?

I can sort of understand the objections but it's not a case of total reverse engineering.

If they were being made from composites then yes I wouldn't be impressed but as Duane doesn't do an Alloy version it's open to filling a void.

Many years ago I designed and maufactured a small run of parts to correct a manufacturer defect at their request, I was quite shocked 3 months later to walk into a store and see my parts in a blister pack anodised and looking pretty!

It happens all the time and my Milling machine is a Chinese made Bridgeport Clone to the point genuine Bridgeport parts are a direct bolt on!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
jawsgear said:
I can understand individual loyalty to someone who is well known and helped out many others on this forum, but this situation was previously discussed with Duane. The only request Duane had is that I call it something other than a blockoff plate because that is what he calls his carbon fibre version. I can respect that, does anybody else have a better name? I am open to suggestions. Oh, and don't worry the name change will not effect the price at all.:biglaugh:

My concern doesnt lie with my loyalty to Duane... As good of a friend as he is of mine, free market is free market... But my problem is with someone BLATANTLY taking someone else's design, "laser cut" copying it and calling it their own and PROFITING off of it... If you want to spend the money in research and development, test fitting and trial & error, then that's fine... But to take someone's design and copy it, that's the problem I have...

I have a Ron R front face intake, I think I'll just copy his design, sell it for less and screw Ron, blah, I can sleep at night... right?

There are other guys that sell FFI's, BUT, they are THIER designs, not blatant rip offs of Ron's design...

Anyway, that's just MY opinion, and that's all I have to say about it... You'll sell them, people will buy them, but if you dont design them, they arent yours, and changing the name still wont make them your design, and making a different mounting system wont make this an original idea... In my opinion, Jaws Gears should stick to what it does best, making gears: making drive train components second to none... Why do you care about making, what, $40-50 a sale on a stupid "block off plate" when you know what kind of tension and animosity its going to cause... Is there nothing else Jaws Gears can do for this community in its vast resouces and technical skills than to make a piece that someone else already offers? Be innovative, that's all Im saying... If you're company is going to stray from drive train, do something that hasnt been done... Dont copy something or someone... Especially someone that you've made clear you have an issue with... It almost looks like you're doing this intentionally... to specifically hurt someones business...

Anyway, like I said, this is my opinion... And once again, as much as Duane is my friend, to be honest with you, I wouldnt care if it was Joe Shmoe, I'd still feel the same way...

Jake

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
IJ. said:
but as Duane doesn't do an Alloy version it's open to filling a void.

With the CF shortage, other options were/are being explored... That may or may not have been a known...

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
And people wonder why no one wants to make new products for us...

FYI, people have been doing intercooler block off plates years before CFX ever came out with one for the 7M. So I guess CFX are ripping them off too? Hell, four wheels and an engine. Toyota is just totaly ripping off the Ford model T!

It's a stinking block off plate. There is no R&D. I used to have an aluminum one that I made in less than half a afternoon. Not exactly complicated stuff there.

SP basicly ripped off HKS/Turbonetic's bolt on turbo with their SP61GT. Ohh noes!!!

Keep on biting the hand that feeds guys.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Jake: That's the problem when things are kept behind closed doors!

As far as I've read or understood Duane didn't want anything to do with making parts in alloy so I assume most here would have thought the same!