blocking off coolant lines?

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
so there's a few coolant passages i was wondering if i could just block off... i took out my heat so i want to block off the feed and the return, will this be ok?

what about blocking off the feed and return to the throttle body (located right behind the intake manifold and right in front of the intake manifold)

i'm just not sure if these lines just need to bypass the parts they cool or if they can be blocked off entirely

-jake

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i remember the TB people talking about when they blocked it off. said something about its only needed in colder climates?

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
^ ok thats what i was wondering. everyone else agree?

the heater lines i should be able to just block because when the heat is off, the lines are closed. but i really wasn't sure about the lines that go to the throttle body.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Heater core lines CAN be blocked no problem, yes. I believe the TB, and ISCV lines can be blocked off too. They just tee off the oil cooler feed, so if they're blocked, it's just more coolant to your oil cooler.

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
right they just tee off, but what about the return from the throttle body? that goes back into the motor, is it bad if the coolant isn' going back in there? or does that just "tee" back into the main coolant circuit?

i also want to run and aftermarket oil cooler/ filter relocation. so i would be removing that whole stock set up as well. that coolant line will just bypass no problem.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
jizake1jz said:
right they just tee off, but what about the return from the throttle body? that goes back into the motor, is it bad if the coolant isn' going back in there? or does that just "tee" back into the main coolant circuit?

OneJoeZee said:
I looped mine together.

Or you can cap them. But I hate caps. They will bust eventually and I hit reaching my hands there to fix it. If a hose ruptures, it's much easier to put on and pull off.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
you can block of that pipe at the water pump and plug the hose were it enter's back into the head.you can remove the whole pipe.

MOON

Oct 12, 2007
calgary alberta
The T.B lines are just to keep "warmer air" if your running it in winter. but for speed sake, and not running supras in winter up north here, blok em