Blitz SBC ID-III Install Pics

kracin

Sleeper
Apr 1, 2007
aiea hawaii
ok, well i had a thread before on sf on how easy it was to install and use this, and people wanted pics, so i finally got them lol, here ya go, btw this is in a cressida in case people have any concerns as to why something looks amiss lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i actually had holes from stock components in the engine bay that let the unit for the engine bay bolt in perfectly!, so no holes drilled, and the bolts that came with it worked in the thread size as well! go blitz + cressida - 5 minutes to find the spot and bolt down!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

extremely simple setup, i ditched the blue hose for black hose at the auto hobby shop i did this at, measured the lengths 5 more minutes to cut the length of hose and attach

sm_photo_missing.jpg

drilled a hole and ran the wires in its casing into the car just below the ac blower fan inside the car under the carpet and ran it up into my glove box area, took about 10-15 mins to find the right spot, drill and run the wires

sm_photo_missing.jpg

they provided a T connector so you can get the black silicone hose to the control box inside the car to get accurate boost, simple to attach and secure to the other wires inside the engine bay with provided zip strips, out of sight, 2 minutes to do this easy

sm_photo_missing.jpg

you can see the silver control box just to the right of the ecu behind the tweeters in the passender side panel, just used the double sided tape to attach it to the inside of there so it doesnt bounce around. about 3 minutes to attach the power and ground which are the only two wires which require attaching, and they give you quick splices to do so, other than that its just plugging up two harnesses together

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i keep all my electronics out of sight and in the glove box, everything is stuck to a good place with double sided tape now and looks very nice and out of sight, open the glove box and its easy to adjust things and take a look when i want to, but also keeps the sleeper look going for me.

all in all 25-30 minute install, and 10 minutes to set it up and find the right boost, holds it perfectly and provides plenty of settings so you can set your own boost cut if you want. awesome product and easiest thing ive installed so far out of the entire car being built hah.