Blew radiator hose, now BOV make weird noise

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
upper radiator hose blew on me, hopefully I was 2 street away from my destination (it didn't overheat). fixed it, filled it with coolant, couldn't burp properly where I was (drove it home, ~5 min drive). in that 5 min drive, the BOV (bosch generic) was not making the usual "WOOOSH" (releasing all at once) but more like a hks (sequential BOV sound) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpv5g41TIY something like this)

now I am clueless, coolant doesn't have anything to do with the BOV or intake system at all. now that I burped it properly (although there's still air in my heatercore), I took the car for a drive and it's back to the usual WOOOSH.

what the hell 7m?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
IJ.;1716008 said:
Better question would be "Why?" did the hose "blow"....

Could be from being extremely old? but then yet again idk how much pressure goes through the radiator hose.

In my Own Experience, my turbo's coolant hoses were original.. a week after the rebuild i blew one... Lost a gallon of coolant but didn't overheat. The hose split diagonally in two like if was cut with a knife. Replaced & no blown hose yet. :naughty:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Should be 13psi in the cooling system. Its what the stock rad cap is rated for.

Hoses are cheap from rock auto. Some are easier to do while the engine is out as well.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
old hose that was a bit loose on my new mishimoto rad. used a clamp that was to strong and it ripped the hose when the system was under pressure.

but why does my BOV made weird noise in that 5 min? I liked how she sound (30$ bov turning into a 200$ ssqv :D)

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
shipkiller;1716121 said:
old hose that was a bit loose on my new mishimoto rad. used a clamp that was to strong and it ripped the hose when the system was under pressure.

but why does my BOV made weird noise in that 5 min? I liked how she sound (30$ bov turning into a 200$ ssqv :D)

Thats the reason it blew. have any pictures of it?

& who knows water got into the BOV?