Black on Black!!! Lower and tinted, yay or nay?

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Just threw on a new set of flat black 521's. Im thinking about going a little lower in the rears (almost tucked) have plenty of clearance with fenders rolled and with all black tint. What do you guys think??? Keep the clean look without tinting windows or go with the aggressive all black look?

supraxxr1.jpg

supraxxr2.jpg

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
looks good to me! front wheel filament is not so good IMO tho

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Canuckrz;1662092 said:
Keep it tinted, get rid of one of the TRD emblems on the back.

agreed. id keep the the one on the hatch personally

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Being in Cali, I would've assumed you'd already have tint done... I'm a big fan of tint and love how it looks on my black 91, or the wife's black 94. Hell, even the 07 Mazda 5 has tint all around.

I say tint, unless you like the "open-ness" or whatever reason the non-tint does it for you.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Canuckrz;1662092 said:
Keep it tinted, get rid of one of the TRD emblems on the back.

Yeah I wanted to get rid of it, but now kinda stuck because if I take it off the original gunmetal gray is under....so kinda SOL

xzeror;1662093 said:
why did you just black out the tail light center piece?

Im still thinking about tinting out the rest of the tail piece, dont want it too dark. I still want other crazy ass drivers out there to realize im signaling or braking.

Blackdawg;1662098 said:
looks good to me! front wheel filament is not so good IMO tho

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

agreed. id keep the the one on the hatch personally

Yeah, I realized that I do need spacers for the front. Ive just put the wheels on then took the pix and realized how much it really was sitting inwards.

dubsupra209;1662122 said:
damn i put my trd emblem same spot did you get your's from toyota?

The emblem came when i purchased the car. It adds a nice touch, the other one is on the license plate frame.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What sizes on the wheels.

Looks good but maybe a little spacer up front to make it flush with the fender.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thats what i thought. Still looks good. Thinking about getting those or the new 527 unless i can stack some cash for some bbs or work..

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
hvyman;1662285 said:
Thats what i thought. Still looks good. Thinking about getting those or the new 527 unless i can stack some cash for some bbs or work..

Yeah...I was thinking about bbs or work emotions too, but man for some reason I cant seem to justify spending that much on wheels. The 521's are simple and clean looking, yet still adds an aggressive look.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The quality and weight justifyies it for me + the design is a lot better. Tho i do like you wheels but i would have gone 18x10 all around with a higher offset up front.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Definitely tint, need to get the money together to do mine, had a brown 85 camry that I put tint on made it look sweet, flat blacked the car in it looked even better.

Black, black, black, and more black!!! Stealth mode:naughty:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supersupramk3;1662269 said:
Im still thinking about tinting out the rest of the tail piece, dont want it too dark. I still want other crazy ass drivers out there to realize im signaling or braking.

I would recommend that you not tint your tails any darker, UNLESS you fabricate a way to make your lights rather bright. Nobody likes being rear ended because some asshat can't see through your VHT. ;)

On the subject of tint, I tint all my cars, with the exception of my Mk2 (just haven't yet, don't drive it much), for two reasons:
-I don't like being insta-sunburned, as I'm at about 6500' of elevation. Literally takes less than half an hour in the sun to be cooking...
-I don't like people poking around looking in my car, what's inside is nobody's business but mine. :thumbsdow