Bilsteins from Autozone

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
So while dealing with the huge mess they have with my PBR Cobra calipers at Autozone, I heard them mention Bilstein many times. Apparently, they work with Bilstein and order directly from them, and led me to find THESE.

If anyone else has any information on these, it would be greatly appreciated by many in the community. They're directly from Bilstein, not some cheap knock off as far as the Zone guys know.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
We get lifetime warranty from the Zone though. It's also just a 5 minute drive for me, plus the special order ordeal but at least *I* don't have to deal with the hassle :evil2:

So that's one point for the Zone. Anyone else got some input? Wonder if jetjock or whoever the suspension guy was knows anything.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I've had those on my car for atleast 7+ years and yes, they are in fact awsome. Way better than the KYB's I ran for a short while.

But WOW have they ever come down in price over the years too!

Mine are worn and need to be refurbed or whatever. Anyone have any idea how I go about doing this. I doubt highly I can find that receipt though. So I wonder if I am not better of just running a new set of em and saving all the headaches and shipping etc on mine? I live in Canada.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok, going through this right now!!! I bought my Bilstiens from Autozone and they had them to me in a couple days! Actually the reason why I bought them is for the warranty! If you buy them from some place online just to save like $10 per shock is crazy! Because if something happens to them you have to take it off ship it to Bilstien and then wait a couple weeks! But one of mine blew I went down to Autozone and they ordered me 2 more because I'm just going to replace both fronts... So instead of waiting for a couple weeks for the whole process and a down car waiting for your shocks to get back.... I'm still driving mine and won't be down anytime other than swapping them out...

I was in the same situation as you but I'll pay a little extra for the convenience of being able to just swap them out the same day! BUY them from Autozone it is def worth not having to wait or be down!!! PM me if you want to talk by phone....

I also did a write up in the suspension section about the great ride and my install.... my car is lowered with stock springs and I love the ride, not harsh at all and great for my drag racing!!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Oh and on the PBR's make sure that you give them the right number... They already ordered mine for the 03 Mach 1 mustang and they are in, just waiting on the caliper adapter from Doward..... Cant wait to put them on!!!

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
frontierguy25;1498676 said:
Oh and on the PBR's make sure that you give them the right number... They already ordered mine for the 03 Mach 1 mustang and they are in, just waiting on the caliper adapter from Doward..... Cant wait to put them on!!!

I gave them the right number both times. The first time, some dyslexic kid got the wrong kit over at Morse and sent it over. Took Autozone an hour and a half to figure out I was right in that the kit HAS to bring the caliper brackets after talking to some manager over at Morse or something.

This second time, the storms stateside have scared the crap out of FedEx and they haven't arrived. Also, Morse didn't hand over a tracking number, so we have no idea where the hell my caliper kit is at. I even paid extra for "be here yesterday" shipping.

Thanks for your great input on the shocks though. That's what I was looking for. I'll order all 4 from Autozone later on this year along with poly bushings.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've never seen a blown bilstein that wasn't abused (jumping a truck off a 6' drop and bottoming the shock out internally causing failure).