Bigger disks with nothing else?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I switched to ATE DOT4 fluid in an attempt to reduce stock brake fade(very high boiling point). Made NO difference. Needless to say, the stock brakes are junk for anything more than stock horsepower and "brisk" driving!
ate_superblueracing_BF.jpg

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
haha - sounds like you don't need to go to track days - leaving for work and returning home are fun enough 1J :p

I've just bought some braided front brake lines, Motul RBF600 (660 is stupidly expensive for such a small temp gain) and Mintex 1166 pads. Should be ok I hope. I'll report back after next Monday's track day :)

If the weathers fine I'll be running my ex V8 touring car slicks which should prove to be a good test for the stock calipers and rotors :)

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
tekdeus;1290342 said:
I switched to ATE DOT4 fluid in an attempt to reduce stock brake fade(very high boiling point). Made NO difference. Needless to say, the stock brakes are junk for anything more than stock horsepower and "brisk" driving!

How high is the boiling point in that stuff?

What pads are you running?

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Yeah, you've got more grip than me and more braking power. You're talking about rotor face? I blue/gold most of the rotor when breaking them in and with only 3 events my fronts have many stress cracks, still have good pedal pressure the entire sessions though (25 min. sessions on 3.27 mi. 18 turn track) Without a cool down the pads will be smoking.

The pad is the link between rotor and caliper and some folks seem to be forgetting that, it's often the weak link and the material can't handle the temps so it wears quick and transfers lots of heat to the caliper and back into the hyd. system.