BIC Divorced Downpipe Q's

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
If I ever get pulled over for exhaust noise I'm just going to be like: "Have you ever heard a harley ?". God I remember when the 100 year anniversary went on I lived and still live a few blocks from HD HQ. That shit got old QUICK.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
DDP definately helps your power, but do yourself a favor, and get the re-routed version. The noise of the open version gets old fast!:aigo:

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
I don't have the ddp any more cuz I went external..... But while I had I loved the sound of the open dp all of my friends have it and they love it to..... Its your choice... It makes your car sound really fast under boost so make sure u got the power to back it up lol

Good luck!

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I'm pretty sure I'll get the re-routed version because my car is already loud enough, especially when I get the test pipe.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
DDP to atmo aka >>

attention_whore.jpg

;)

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'd get the reroute ddp. IM not a big fan of noise and fumes inder the car either plus ^^ what IJ posted. LOL nice one!

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
hvyman;1329711 said:
no if properly maintained. it opens the exhaust more so it increases boost a couple psi thats why you might hit fuel cut. get a boost controller and back it down a bit if you do.

Just want to correct you here, you can not turn the boost lower than the WG spring with a boost controller. If you are hitting boost cut with just a DDP and exhaust adding a boost controller will not help it.

External waste gates get old fast, I cant wait to re route mine.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Will I need a MHG if I get the DDP? I don't want to get a BHG. The previous owner already re-tourqued the HG to 80 lbs. Would that be good enough?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Alec;1332968 said:
Will I need a MHG if I get the DDP? I don't want to get a BHG. The previous owner already re-tourqued the HG to 80 lbs. Would that be good enough?

no u wont need a MHG to run a ddp. depending what type of HG the PO used you should be fine. stock headbolts?

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
kotu100;1332976 said:
no u wont need a MHG to run a ddp. depending what type of HG the PO used you should be fine. stock headbolts?

To be honest with you, I don't really know. May be stock headbolts but, I have no clue. But are you sure that I won't have a problem because the ddp will have me running 12+lbs?

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
Alec;1332977 said:
To be honest with you, I don't really know. May be stock headbolts but, I have no clue. But are you sure that I won't have a problem because the ddp will have me running 12+lbs?

I have the BIC DDP rerouted with all the options...it's a very quality piece. I've never stood next to a supra with the RSR, but I have BIC's thunder exhaust w/ test pipe and resonator and it is plenty loud, but it doesn't drown out my sound system so I have a happy medium.

My stock Ct26 gets close to around 9, maybe 11 psi at most on a WOT pull.

IMPORTANT ADVICE: I'd find out the history on the head gasket/bolts situation before you start putting money into BPU's.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
InFrnt0fU;1332982 said:
I have the BIC DDP rerouted with all the options...it's a very quality piece. I've never stood next to a supra with the RSR, but I have BIC's thunder exhaust w/ test pipe and resonator and it is plenty loud, but it doesn't drown out my sound system so I have a happy medium.

My stock Ct26 gets close to around 9, maybe 11 psi at most on a WOT pull.

IMPORTANT ADVICE: I'd find out the history on the head gasket/bolts situation before you start putting money into BPU's.

How would I find out?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
pull a valve cover off, if you see allen head bolts they're stock. i would recommend at least a felpro or OEM HG with some arp studs. the hg should hold as long as something doesnt go terribly wrong.