Bi-Xenon HID non flipup retro

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
Let me know what you guys think about not having flush headlights without the flip ups. They are far from finished but I am playing with different brackets to hold the projectors. Its aimed way off as well but just seeing how it looks. They are 2006 Acura TL Bi-xenon projectors with philips 4300k OEM bulbs and OEM denso ballasts. I still need to figure out some way to mold a plastic cover over them after they are mounted. But I want to get them mounted up first. I have a couple ideas on that though. Ideas?? Suggestions?? Opinions?? I am new here but I hope you guys like what you see.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
I know. I just have them like that to see how they will look. I have done many retrofits. I know they are aimed crazy high. I have a lot of work to do to the mounting brackets. Like I said in my first post. I need to cut a hole in the bracket to the projector can tip lower in the front. Then make a bottom bracket to hold the weight of the projector. Just wanted some thoughts on the look and see what everyone thought.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pretty fugly and not worth the trouble IMO.

But if you like it, I say go for it. It can only look better when it's finished. If you have the time and the patience, then do it.

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The back of the projector is hitting the bracket preventing it from sitting correctly. I need to trim the bracket a little bit so it can sit right. Just getting opinions from what I have right now.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Not crazy about the idea of the flush mount fit for MKIII. I think the flip-up gives the car a nice definition.

I've been looking into fitting my car with HID retrofit. The main thing is you will need to cut the cross brace behind the headlight assembly.

Check out how this guy did it with his Nissan.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Fixed headlights on the MKIII don't fit the style, in my opinion. Good choice of projectors, though.

You'd be better w/ a set of fx35's in cheap housings. (The TL's won't fit- too big)

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
Im not planning on cutting anything. They will be sticking up over the hood. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2556cfac8d

They are going to end up something like this. Yea. I know the TL's are huge but they have been sitting on my shelf for awhile and I figured I would put them to use. I thought about trading someone for FX's or TSX but I couldnt find anyone. I dont want to spend a ton of money on this so I am just gonna use what I have.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
that nsx is ugly with them lights not a big fan of any flush mount or any other kinda light like that on a supra

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hey, im up for any efforts!!! keep it up, i have a set of retrofit in my car. I should take pictures sometimes soon

supraman72

Ballin out of control
Dec 28, 2009
Franklin
turboguy327;1461402 said:
Im not planning on cutting anything. They will be sticking up over the hood. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2556cfac8d

They are going to end up something like this. Yea. I know the TL's are huge but they have been sitting on my shelf for awhile and I figured I would put them to use. I thought about trading someone for FX's or TSX but I couldnt find anyone. I dont want to spend a ton of money on this so I am just gonna use what I have.

That would look sweet on a supra, would like to see one if yours turns out to be the 1st. keep it up and post pics if it ever get finnished

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
They arent to low to be legal. I changed to a FX-R projector and have some pics. Didnt turn out as good as I wanted it to so now I am going to go with 4 Hella HID modules. Hopefully getting all the parts in by mid next week and hopefully done building them by begining on february. The headlights will still be stationary but be flipped up. They will look like they stopped opening about halfway. Maybe a touch less than that.