BHG number three...

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
damn that sucks. do all cars get bhg as much as ours do? shit i've never read so much about bhg and rod knocks on other motors as much as the supra.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
tonysupra said:
damn that sucks. do all cars get bhg as much as ours do? shit i've never read so much about bhg and rod knocks on other motors as much as the supra.

its a standard feature on all our cars.

ideally once you fix it your done with it because its mainly the stock torque. In lagged's case who knows, maybe god hates him.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
americanjebus said:
ideally once you fix it your done with it because its mainly the stock torque. In lagged's case who knows, maybe god hates him.

until your fan shroud breaks off and you overheat, warping the head and giving you a BHG....god hates me too

Boosthpy

Nov 21, 2005
Idaho Falls
This is my third time having to pull the trans out. Hopefully both of us figure out our problems and this will be the last time it happens.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Yeah standard feature heh.

Someone on SM said somthing like this

In any other car, a BHG is catostrophic engine failure. With us its routine maintinice.

Im supprised mine diddnt blow tonight at 100mph.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Even with the metal HG, bhg are a common prob on ford 3.8. Its a major design flaw with the casting that they have refused to fix. I have personal experience with these failing, three times on my grandmothers Taurus. It would take a miracle for me to own a ford.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
ToyoHabu said:
It would take a miracle for me to own a ford.

Amen! haha.

BHG falls under the "3 months or 3000 miles (if you're lucky)" category doesn't it? On the original window sticker it was in the fatory installed options category under "3.0 liter engine" and above "power windows"

Justin727

T-virus infected
ToyoHabu said:
Even with the metal HG, bhg are a common prob on ford 3.8. Its a major design flaw with the casting that they have refused to fix. I have personal experience with these failing, three times on my grandmothers Taurus. It would take a miracle for me to own a ford.

never had a problem with my 3.8L mhg's failing on my 93 bird

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
1989 gen of toyota pickups also has the head gasket issue, hell they even have an open recall on them.

i geuss toyota knew what they were doing on everything except their headgaskets.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
full three inch exhaust, lex/550s walbro fuelpump, aeromotive fpr, 10 pounds of boost, MHG, gasket matched exhaust ports.