"BETRAYAL": PBS P.O.V. film on Laos family...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
WOW!:aigo:

If anyone wants to see a powerful story/documentary on PBS sometime, THAT was really well executed! Story about a family who left Laos with it's deep rooted ties with the Vietnam war... and immigrate to America.

Glad I got caught up into it, and saw it through in it's entirety.

Just thought I'd comment, in case someone has seen it. I'd be interested in some other thoughts.

-crisp

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
id like to see it. my girlfriends family faced genocide after the Vietnam war and lived in Thailand refugee camps. they moved to america a couple of months after she was born (Hmong fighting for the CIA).

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
tlo86;1369909 said:
id like to see it. my girlfriends family faced genocide after the Vietnam war and lived in Thailand refugee camps. they moved to america a couple of months after she was born (Hmong fighting for the CIA).

I HIGHLY recommend the piece. It is OUTSTANDING! The filming itself is a true triumph of epic proportions... and the post-story "filming of" segment is really worth the patience to see it through to the end.

My mother worked extensively with "Boat People", or Vietnamese Refugees who floated across the Japan Sea escaping from the Viet Cong while we lived in Japan as Missionaries for many years. The stories I could tell are unbelievable, and fall into the same genre as the captioned film... just don't have them RECORDED like the PBS episode. I have a real appreciation for what goes into such humanitarian efforts, and have a great deal of respect for anyone with the fortitude to be a part of making these stories known and delivered in such a poignant manner.

Hope you catch the show!

-crisp