best way to ship an engine?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i have the opportunity to buy an engine for my datsun project at way under the cost it would be to build it....but its in california and im in north dakota. ups quoted 1100 to ship it. there has to be a cheaper option. anybody have any ideas?

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
+2
i had a motor shipped from California to NY for $475, the freight company that delivered it was called roadrunner freight
Shop around and youll find better prices, or look for someone who is moving cross country and try to work out a deal

subjug4tor

Man up, Nancy.
May 8, 2008
DFW, texas
engineshipping.com

I've used them before to ship a motor to a member on here, was about $225 cross country said and done.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Try having a hotshot deliver it if you think UPS is pricey. I've seen a freight bill for $4800 to take something from Houston to Minot. ;)

But your best bet is an LTL freight company. I do a lot of work with Old Dominion, and we get awesome rates through them. Granted, we ship a LOT of pallets through them, so they give us a great deal. If you have any buddies that work for places that deal with a lot of freight, you could do well to talk to them.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I would suggest forward air for anything like that, they are really reasonable. I shipped a R154 to another member from Vegas to somewhere in the east coast for 178.00

Check out their website to see where there is a distribution center near you and the seller