Best Upgrade

Supranforever

7MGE-T daily driver.
Jul 2, 2006
Tennessee
Just search around on some of the threads here, Half na-t has been discussed a bagillion times man. :) Best mods to the n/a are infact the suspension/brakes.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Suspension, brakes, differential, wideband, Maft Pro, lighter wheels (if you're still sporting sawblades), kick up the timing just a bit.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
im in the same boat with the na planning going turbo. i decided to do everything to get the car ready to handle the power now then actually add the power at the very end.

i started with a full brake upgrade, pads, rotors, lines, calipers. right now im doing springs and struts. next will be sway bars.

then i think ill do r154 just because i dont like auto anymore ha. at the same time ill go 1pc aluminum drive shaft.

after that im not sure, i basically want everything done to the car before i do the motor. i dont want to touch anything under the hood until the motor goes in then start adding under the hood.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
SupraChrisMk3 said:
Ok, here's my question. I have an 89 N/A 5spd that I know that I will end up doing a GTE swap at some point in the future. I would like some advice on what would be the best "semi" buget upgrade that I would still be able to keep if I did the GTE swap. I already have a Pacesetter 2.5" cat-back and am leaning toward doing a R154 swap next. Everything else is stock. I just need some advice as to what would be the next best step that I could still use if I did the GTE swap. Thanks for the help.:icon_bigg
well if you're going turbo, you're gonna have to get rid of the 2.5, it'll be too much restriction

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
For NA-T information look at my post in the referance section.

ALSO view my build thread in the signature of mine.

7mge + a gte turbo and manifold = :evil2:

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
supention and breaks and go out right now and tighten every bolt under the car it really sucks when the tierod bolt lets go
:nono:

astigracing

Feb 5, 2006
cALIFORNIA
www.astigracing.com
coil-overs, wilwood big brake, lightened flywheel, aluminum one piece drive shaft, light weight rims, new complete bushings, catback exhaust, cai.

the above mods will give your n/a great balance and descent power.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
#1 Maintenance - It doesn't matter how fast your car is, if it doesn't run right or leaks oil. Fix all the issues related to the engine first, especially cracked hoses and o2 sensor.

#2 Brakes - You can't go fast if you can't stop. Make sure the braking system is in order.

#3 Suspension - Taking corners fast is very fun. Even without turbo, the supra is a great cruiser in the turns. A proper suspension setup can be a blast.

#4 Catalytic Converter - Yours is probabably old and clogged. Inspect it and replace/remove as needed.

I have had both a 400hp MK3 with stock tems and shitty brakes and currently a stock NA with coilovers and good brakes. I can tell you right now that the NA is more of a blast to drive. There is more to life then freeway runs in a straight line.

Probably the best NA mod I have ever done was replacing the factory converter. Maybe only in my case, but it was probably clogged. After replacing just that item, the car really woke up in the top end and was even more fun to drive overall.

astigracing

Feb 5, 2006
cALIFORNIA
www.astigracing.com
i remember gutting out my cc back in the days and paired it w/ an old school hks catback and header. surely felt that top end power.

my header was a pacesetter and i abused that sucker everyday.....finally blew a hg but never cracked that header.