Best source for a CT2657?

concealer404

Crapbox Racing
May 10, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm going to preface this with two things:

1) The car in question is not a Supra, and is powered by an archaic 2.2 litre SOHC 12v inline 4. (1990 MX6 GT)
2) CHEAP is operative here. This is a GRM $2010 Challenge car, and i've only got about $700 left in the working budget, and i've got a couple other things i'm looking to do besides turbo upgrade. :icon_evil

What i'm looking for:
1) A minimum of 300whp, without running the turbo within an inch of it's life
2) More lag (i know, it's strange to ask for) than the stock CT26 that's currently installed offers. No FWD car has any business putting down 300+wtq at 3000rpms. It's useless.
3) Gotta stay with CT26 bolt on upgrades (in the event that the CT2657 isn't what i'm looking for.)

I've seen the turbo that CXracing has, and while the potential of that turbo is hard to ignore for a cheapass like me, i really don't like the oil-cooled only part, and i'm lazy. My car is already set up for water and oil because of the current CT26 install.

Sooo... Will the CT2657 get me my goals? Where should i get it from? Driftmotion, or wait for one to pop up on here?

Thanks in advance!

concealer404

Crapbox Racing
May 10, 2010
Indianapolis
Does the 57 sound like it's what i need, or do you have any other suggestions? Would a 50trim make the power i'm looking for? (I know that's hard to answer on an unfamiliar motor, just looking for general answers, really.)

If i had to guesstimate the power i make on the CT26 @ 15psi, i'd say around 270whp and a metric shitload of torque. Possibly higher. I know the stocker is pretty laughable, but it's easily twice the size of the turbo that came on this car stock, and i've seen plenty of 250+whp dynos on the stock VF turbo.

Thanks!