Best Plug & Play ECU for built 7MGTE

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Hey guys, just wondering in your opinion , what would the easiest and most flexible( i understand easy installation and flexibility in tuning usually dont go hand in hand) standalone for the 7MGTE

looking for something that wont require me to buy extra parts , something that is as plug and play as possible(easy to install) and doesn't take thousands of dollars or/and a degree in engine management to tune?

Preferably standalone , as the only piggyback I would go for is the eManage ...which is half the price of a decent stand alone anyway.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
So far as I know, the only "plug and play" standalone is AEM (and it still requires modifying the harness and adding some stuff to go MAP). All standalones require quite a lot of tuning.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Il be getting someone else to tune it , so yes one of my prerequisies is having a large tuning base .

I don't really want a stand alone , but a piggy back is just so limited.

I would love to tune myself but I just dont have the experience just yet. My main aim is to solve my idle problem caused by my massive cams. Should I just go SAFC + VPC in the meantine?

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
Speaking of talking to your tuner...any of you guys know of a shop that tunes supras in the north west I heard of a place called f-tuning or f2 -tuning in cda idaho but I can't find anything at all about them. If anyone has any idea of a number for these guys or. Website link to a nw tuner I would greatly appreciate it. Looking for one in or around spokane.