best place to get a cf hood?

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
well, i received my brand new OEM washer squirters from TONY! (thanks man) to replace the LED/ghetto/ricey chrome ones the previous owner had put on... so i go to put them on last night, and the F****R drilled out the squirter holes... :1zhelp: now there is no way the stock ones will fit, and they don't even cover up half the hole, ie. you can see through the hood with the stock ones on there.

sooo... i guess i'll buy a cf hood to go with my new squirters! anyone have any suggestions as which is the best one (brand/company to order from) to go with? anyone have one for sale? :) i would like the OEM look. thank you!

i love this forum, everyone is so nice, and it's got great info.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Be weary of ebay or other carbon fiber hoods. Every one that I've seen aside from CFX has had ripples and valleys in the hood that make it look like crap. Spend the extra $50-100 and get a hood that fits as well as it looks

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Duane still makes the hoods, they are awesome quality, they can be drilled to fit squirters or not, and they use the stock latching mechanisim. Oh, and they are an exact copy of the stock hood shape - at least on the top, I don't recall offhand whether the underside frame is exactly the same or not.

Can't get much better than that, folks. :)

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I was at the SILV05 and saw the difference between CFX and others. Gladly to say that CFX has the better quality and it was the talk of the show. Holes for the w/w squirters are included if desire.

Noel

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Damn that's awesome to hear! Thanks guys. I guess it was the COWL CFX hood that was discontinued, ah...