Best online store for mk3 performance parts

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
i am looking at buying many products for my supra but where i live (regina, sask) there is not many auto performance shops... so i have to order online. So far i have only really been able to find www.suprastore.com that seems like a good site with fair prices. Has anyone had any experiences with this www.suprastore.com or any other online store? I am hoping to order within the next couple days.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
i just ordered a tanabe exhaust from overboost.com
so far i am not pleased. I placed the order on the 15th and its the 25th now and still hasnt been shipped. My item has been sitting in the shipping dept. according to their website for 4 days. I dont know why it just doesnt ship right away. Im giving them a few more days before i call (cant put the exhaust on till i get a paycheck)

one thing i did like though about them...they called about two days after i ordered to confirm the credit card order. They wanted to make sure it was an actual order and not credit card fraud.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
There are some good online sites out there *cough* see sig *cough*. IMHO, the good ones often get passed over because they tell you upfront it'll be 2 weeks before you get your stuff if that is the case, while the some of the others will imply they have the items in stock...

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
Personally I didn't care for my experience with suprastore but others may have had a different experience. I dealt with suprasport.com a while back when it was under different ownership. I had a really good experience then but I haven't tried dealing with the new owners. I haven't heard good things about them, but that's just hearsay. I've bought parts from AAP Motorsports and Horsepower freaks. I found both to be honest, with good customer service and reasonable prices.

If you scroll about halfway down the first page of the supramania site you'll see a section labeled "authorized vendors". All of those vendors are reputable, make or sell specific parts for the Mk3 (instead of hacked up civic parts) and have representatives on this board. Give the smaller vendors a good look as well. There are parts that they make that you'll find nowhere else.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
For web based stores, I agree, stick within the community. There are a good many good people here selling.

Now, if you have a desire to purchase locally, or compare to local prices, if you have a Canadian Tire store near you, you can buy almost anything. Check their partner www.driverfx.ca (actually it's Keystone's Canadian site, but they are partnered with crappy tire for distribution). There's several parts that due to exchange, shipping and duty are cheaper here than anywhere else by a lot. The site is priced in CAD, and you know what it costs to your door to the penny, and there are no brokerage charges and duties. You can order online there, or take the part number to your local Canadian Tire and they can order it in. A little more money than the site, but if you have problems, you deal with Canadian Tire rather than paying for shipping stuff all over the place for repairs and warranties.

Just another little known option.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
have not had any issues with suprasport, HPF, AAP, 935motorsports or MDCmotorsports :)

I think AlamoMotorsports sells stuff to but i bought from the a LONG time ago. Now most of the stuff i buy no one makes so it is custom machining for me :)

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
ive delt with 935motorsports and suprasport. 935 sometimes takes a while to ship things but they always come through. 935 has very good prices so its sometimes worth the wait. suprasport was excellent. got what i ordered in a few days.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've used a few as well, the one that I don't see mentioned yet is MVP. They don't advertise here, however, they were very good on both price and shipping to me.

In Canada, you can also order from Mopac, they are a Canadian place with good prices and a good selection of generic high performance parts. I picked up my ARP hardware there, and recently a set of Suspension Techniques springs.

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
I have had good transactions with MVP and AAP. The worst by far is with 935 !!!!!!!!!!!! Even yashar pulled threw better than 935. I placed orders with 935 March 3 and never got the order. Since i figured that I would never get the order fulfilled I changed my order a month ago to just a simple tanabe exhaust and still am waiting !!!! I would get a refund but after asking 10x for a refund I knew they were not goin refund me anything. Right now they have almost $600 of mine and I can't do anything about it. If I knew I would have to wait months I would have just ordered off of e-bay.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I've done business with Supra Sport back in the old days and now with HPF!

I can't speak highly enough of HPF as being in Australia if something goes wrong with an order my options are limited!

I've spent 6>7K with Jeff and have no concerns at all as they're very professional and have excellent communication.

I've read the daily horror stories here about some of the other vendors and am freaked out to the point even if they could offer much lower pricing I'd still use HPF for the peace of mind! (prices seem to be line ball though so not an issue)

Travisimo

I need a job
Apr 9, 2005
Sonoma, California
ma71supraturbo said:
There are some good online sites out there *cough* see sig *cough*. IMHO, the good ones often get passed over because they tell you upfront it'll be 2 weeks before you get your stuff if that is the case, while the some of the others will imply they have the items in stock...
haha, that is EXACTLY what hapenned to me with 935. Worst decision ever, I still haven't gotten my money back.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I've had one dealing with HPF. I ordered an EMS and paid in full. What HPF didn't tell me until after 4 times I contacted them was that the AEM EMS was not in stock , or ever had been in stock, and they didn't have a confirmed delivery date. This was understandable because the EMS for the MkIII was just coming out. But it would have been good if HPF advertised that this was a preorder. All I got from them was that they didn't have them in stock and that they were ordered.

I'd deal with them again.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
my hands down fav was aapmotorsports but i dunno what has happened to them, they still in bussiness and what happened to mike?
it was simply the best service ever because they would inform me of everything even when they cashed my order, everything and on time just when they said it would come.

935 gets a thumbs down, they took my money and 3 months later cant get them to even asnwer the phone, answer email or update my account after i told them to delete it. i spent $85 on a bosch 110 and they never responded after i ordered. i lost my $85 and just went elsewhere where i got for like $30. reading his explanations to other customers with excuses like "i left it in the back of my friends car woops next time dude" doesnt seam proffesional enouph for me. if you dont have it, dont sell it.

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
so far ive had nothing but problems with AAP.. they were good at first.. but after a few weeks of me not getting my stuff... and me sending emails and them not responding.. and keep changing people so no one knows whats going on.. almost a month they took to ship my stuff out.. never agian will i shop there agian.. even if they have a slightly lower price.. not worth it in my opion.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
3 shipments from HPF without a single issue!

Jeff is very communicative via e-mail and PM's here and responds to all requests for information promptly.

:bigthumb: For a class act!