Best bang for your buck piggyback

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
cml61386;926418 said:
So pretty much as far as piggy backs go the MAFT Pro and the MAP ECU are the only two that can/or are a speed density system. Is there better gains with a speed density instead of a MAF, do to the fact of getting rid of any obstructions in the intake path other than the throttle body? Are the engines more responsive with other modifications as far as speed density goes?

speed density piggy backs:

-MAFT pro
-MAP ECU
-MAP ECU 2
-greddy emanage ultimate

in order to realize flow gains over the lexus AFM, you need to be making A LOT of power (~ 600 rwhp?).

with proper tuning, response is better.

fringe benefits include not worrying about driving after blowing an IC pipe, etc.

TmP

Feb 15, 2008
Austria (NY soon hopefully)
finaly... a good maft vs. map thread.

question:
how user friendly is the map2 unit?
from what i've read so far i'd say map2 > maft.
sooo many more cool features.
and when used for maf elimination the tuning of the map2 should be pretty sweet, because i've read that the kh can be a PITA.

thx Tom

mlddjb

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
anybody ever hear of emerald ecu's--have triple selectable map, not sure of speed density yet. still doing some research on it--http://emeraldm3d.com/em_k3.html#TMF

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
mlddjb;941475 said:
anybody ever hear of emerald ecu's--have triple selectable map, not sure of speed density yet. still doing some research on it--http://emeraldm3d.com/em_k3.html#TMF

Buy this book if your getting it, ill whip it out tommorow and give you some details. i played with the demo software A LOT!!!
RGBhr_H835.jpg

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Bringing this back from the dead as it has very good info, power goals are around 550-600.

You guys think map ecu 1 would be good?

mods:
1jz
t76
720cc inj
sx external fuel pump
Sard fuel rail
FPR
EBC
aem wideand
3" exhaust
r154

looking to throw my nitrous kit on there as well (wet kit) and push the car 18-20 psi

Now will the map ecu elimnate fuel cut or would i also have to purchase an FCD

Any help is appreciated
thanks
-Saif

marcmann982

Permanently Banned Scammer
Jun 28, 2010
north little rock. ar
Still no one said much about the main debate over the two main piggybacks that everyone uses maft pro and the safc. Which is better between the two? is it like depending on the level of tunning and horsepower for the money? im new to tuning as well like cml61386 and i im shooting for about the same horse as him about 400-430 rwhp. With the main normal 7mgte mods lex afm, 550's, walbro 255 57 trim ct. for a decent tune which is good for the money the safc or maft pro for our horsepower ranges. I already have a safc and havent tuned it with my car yet so im trying to see if i should sell the safc and switch to the maft. But would you guys say for a more advanced tune and if your pushing maybe more close to 600 horse or higher then maft pro but lower safc maybe???