Best bang for your buck piggyback

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
drjonez;921018 said:
as always...."best" is a relative term. it all comes down to you, your goals and your uses.

Okay fair enough, lets say shooting for around 400whp, never used any type of a fuel management system and would preferably like to keep the stock ECM. Something that is user friendly. Are piggybacks that get rid of the MAF and turn it into a speed density system worth while do people run into problems with these or are the possible gains overweigh the potential problems.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
IMO i like the map ecu 2. mainly because it can take a lot of piggybacks you might run and throw them into 1 unit and have been used on plenty of higher powered cars.
boost control, launch control, timing, fuel cut, speed cut etc. and you can use them on cars using map or kv.

i havent done much research on it but it seems pretty similar to maft pro only i couldnt find map or kv support in the 15 mins i looked at their website heh

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
From what I've seen and read on this forum the MAFT Pro seems very popular and for the price you really can't beat it. My question is can you hook a laptop into and is there a power and economy mode like the MAP 2. Thats what I have been trying to decide MAFT Pro which alot of people have experience with and could help if a problem occurs or try something not many people have used.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
cml61386;922206 said:
...My question is can you hook a laptop into and is there a power and economy mode like the MAP 2...

you can load whatever map you like into the MAFT pro via a laptop.

the MAFT pro does not have the dual map selectable via a switch.

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
drjonez;922219 said:
you can load whatever map you like into the MAFT pro via a laptop.

the MAFT pro does not have the dual map selectable via a switch.

Alright, what about install time? Not including any type of tuning just wiring everything up lookin at 2-4 hours?

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
So pretty much as far as piggy backs go the MAFT Pro and the MAP ECU are the only two that can/or are a speed density system. Is there better gains with a speed density instead of a MAF, do to the fact of getting rid of any obstructions in the intake path other than the throttle body? Are the engines more responsive with other modifications as far as speed density goes?