Best 4" speakers

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
I put all new JL's in my car and an Alpine deck that it tunable to cut out the 80hz on down to the speakers.... I must say it is a very clean sound.....

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Xtreme said:
IMHO Boston Acoustics componants (SP) sound the best. Great clarity, good mids, soft dome tweeter that isn't too harsh. Why get bass out of a 4 inch, thats what subs are for.

Because I got them for five bucks from my neighbor, they are the only speakers I caqn afford right now, and having a 4" with good range makes up for the fact that when the time comes I won't have to worry about a good mid range speaker, because my little JLs do the job. :naughty:

Out Lander

Apr 26, 2005
Sydney
I got some Morel Hybrid 4's in mine. Sound awesome fair bit of bass for 4 inchers. Don't need to mod the speaker boxes much either 2 get them in. They aint cheap though, $700 australian.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Oh, forgot the crossovers feeding the 4's and tweeters. (Have two sets of these, so 4 4" speakers, and 4 tweeters.. and the crossovers keep freq's away from them they can't effectively make sound from.)

The bass is from the 10" Diamond Mag alloy single in a custom box out back. I also have a dial control for the MTX amp, that can adjust the amount of bass response from the drivers seat. (Nice as some music I want skull crushing bass, or very little depending on the type of music.) This ended up being one of the best sounding installs I've done yet.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I have some decent Focal speakers in the front and stockers in the back. The front sounds great, clear and loud (when necessary.) The rear speakers blew up the day after I installed my pioneer deck and 10 in Max Caliber sub.