belt question

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
ok so the sensor or something for the radiator fan pump got fried and the fan keeps blowing faster and slower. so im going to exchange the fan for an electrical unit since i cant find a replacement part for the sensor. i was hoping i could remove the pump.

question: can i run a shorter belt without the pulley?

i tried searching and just got ac compressor removal.
any advice? if i could id rather keep the hydraulic unit, but i cant find a replacement

thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

oh i forgot. the engine is a jdm 1jzgte. the pump pulley is in the upper left

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the 2jz waterpumps fit the 1jz, and the mk4 supra ones take a standard clutch fan, where the aristo 2jz still uses a hydro fan. that sensor may be the same for a 2jz aristo as it is for the 1jz i dont know.

or the mk4 mod is only way to delete the hydro fan setup that i know of.

the pully should swap and thus be same length, as you mean the pully circled in red
66809d1116261168-fs-1jz-water-pump-and-pipe-pump.jpg

Last edited:

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
p1761576_1.jpg

this was the sensor i was talking about. so the waterpump is integrated into the hydraulic unit?

i just have to get myself a 2jz waterpump unit then to get rid of the damned thing. thanks allot.

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
sorry to keep asking questions, but i got the fan off and everything else. im in a bit off a lazy patch now.

so can i remove just the anterior part of the pump (the oil pump i guess)? essentially leaving the back part which i guess is the waterpump
and attach the 2jz front to it or do i have to remove the whole thing?

there is a whole lot of bolts i cant get to without removing the turbos.

thanks for the help again