3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Last edited:

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
that is what i have been reading, see you still have to have the MT ECU, MT wirein hARNES then yo have to have the bell houseing and flywheel..thats gonna be more money then ihave i think...

justin

EDIT- and i think it is like that for any auto 1jzgte you buy, not just the lexus one's-EDIT

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
if your going to get a 1j with an auto all you need is the bellhousing...you can re-use your clutch and flywheel from your 7mgte..the r154 flywheels and clutches are the same on the 7mgte and the 1jz's...if you get an auto tranny you'll have to trick the auto ECU i forget what exaclty you have to do but you have to wiring something sepcial so the auto ecu thinks its in neutral...correct me if i am wrong...other than that i think you'd be good...make sure you get all the main stuff you need for the swap cause tracking stuff down after you get the engine set can be a PITA and very exspensive...let me know if i can help you out at alll..

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I don't believe you have to worry about the ecu from auto to manual,as long it is for Jza70 chasis. I'll double check on it tommorow. But you must get the harnes done by some one who knows how or done it before(plug and play).

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Mike Urbano did my wiring to my 1jz and I believe he did write up the wiring and gave it to my mechanic .If some miracle ur able to win the bid on ebay I'll let you talk to him and maybe work out a deal. If I know it I let you have it.

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Swap is not as hard as everyone is making it sound, took me and my brother to 3 full days swap a 1j into a 86.5. Just read up before you start the swap =)

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
yeah, i forgot about that. my bad -moment of silence-

the only concern i have is that i hear, that the 1jz from the supra, and the 1jz from the lexus has differnt oil pan's. is this true, or will it work
let me know

thanks
justin

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
if you purchase a soarer 1jz it wont work unless you change the oil pans.. it has a front mount sup and you will need a rear mount sup and i think you might have to get a diffrent oil pickup i am not sure but you will need to change sumps to a rear mount sump....hope that helps..

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
the USDM 2jz oil pan will work on the 1jz. Thats what I read from Supraforums

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
thats fine guys, i didnt win it :( and im not going to be albe to do it right now. i have top go to dallas tx, due to family probs. so i will keep in touch, and let you know what i plain on doing...

thanks guy

l8ter
justin