BEE-R Ignition Misfring System (anyone tried it? lol)

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Ok so i was looking for cheap methods to get a 2 step system, and i came across this Bee R rev limiter. What i dont get is if this is just for show (flames) or if this will actually help when launching? It wont create boost at the launch will it? Thats was i was looking for. But yeah i was just wondering if anyone on here has tried it before. I do know theres a write up on the Tech section on how to install it, and it is supra compatible. :biglaugh:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Bee-R-Ignition-Misfiring-System-Rev-Limitter-7883

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
It depends on what it does.

Ok read what it does....

It cuts ignition and lets the TCCS continue to inject fuel. The issue is what is the degrees in which the fuel ignites?

Keep in mind that building boost is dependant on how agressive the timing is (talking in the magnitude of -40 degrees which it is not adjustable) and also be aware. Those flames that look cool are not without its downside. In particular, the turbo becomes a chuck away component and the exhuast manifold better have been welded by someone that knows what they are doing otherwise you minus well grab the bucket and shovel.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Ok sounds good, but yeah if it will help on my launch it would be good, if it just shoots flames out nah.

Has anyone else heard of had experience with this device?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
this has been discussed alot lately so please note: There is a difference between a "two step" and "anti-lag/launch control". Please read up and know what you are asking about first, it makes it easier to respond, but figgie seams to have this covered.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Facime;1126898 said:
this has been discussed alot lately so please note: There is a difference between a "two step" and "anti-lag/launch control". Please read up and know what you are asking about first, it makes it easier to respond, but figgie seams to have this covered.

Yeah i know this isnt a 2 step or antilag, just asking if it will help at launching at all. But it seems to just be for show purposes. Thanks for your responses

Ill just PM the guy who did the install write up.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
it really is an Psuedo Anti-lag System. Pseudo as it is non-adjustable so you get whatever the A/F mixture gives (which I would be wary off) with no way to control the timing and therby you might get 2 psi or 15psi.