BC stage 4 cams

NAscreamer

clutch kick
Dec 23, 2011
chicago(south side)
Has anyone used these cams? BC doesn't even have them on their website. I did find them elsewhere though. I do know all their specs but I was just wondering if anyone has personally used them and how did they like them. Also what valve/spring combo did you use and what head mods did you do?

NAscreamer

clutch kick
Dec 23, 2011
chicago(south side)
mecevans;1790509 said:
Give them a call. They can make you cams to what ever spec you want.
I had said that I DO know. ADV/DUR=280*/280* DUR@.050+232*/232* LIFT .372/.372 But I would like to know if anyone has used them. Thanks for the info mecevans, I didnt know that they can make them to whatever spec I want.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
you're going to want heavier springs. either BC singles, SuperTech duals, or Ferrea duals. You'd also want shimless buckets, or shim under bucket, so that you don't spit a shim and chew up the head and possibly lower end if they make it that far

I personally plan on running either the BC stage 3 or 4 cams, I'll have oversize valves and dual springs. I'll also have a decent bit of headwork done improve the gains of the extra air

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
it's funny when I did alot of calling around to all of the shop's that that port and do 7m head work say over sized vavles don't offer much of gain at all thus why I never put vavles in my car

this time around I may replace them just because I don't wana snap the nail head of the stem for when I rev my motor higher

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
NashMan;1790616 said:
it's funny when I did alot of calling around to all of the shop's that that port and do 7m head work say over sized vavles don't offer much of gain at all thus why I never put vavles in my car

this time around I may replace them just because I don't wana snap the nail head of the stem for when I rev my motor higher

So the shops around you say the 7m OS valves offer little gain? Would they be referring to the gain on a stock ct or a big single? I would think more air flowing through the head would make more power. And seeing that the 7m head flows poorly, freeing it up would make good power.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well even with big turbo's and such they said to me the gains to money was not much

so that all I can say

i wish i could test this to see if it is ture but i going ot be running a hole new head

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I was planning on getting a spare head and building the head to try and maximize the flow. I figured that a nice set of cams with ferrea dual springs with titanium retainers and shimless buckets with 2mm OS valves intake/exhaust. I just can't understand how the shop says that OS valves can't help flow.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?645095-oversize-valves-worth-the-money
I'd love to do something like this with a spare head.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the biggest vavle that could fit is a set of 2jz valves there 1.5 mill over stock and that is pushing it. there just not eghough space

you will have to tip the valves and add keeper grove's but not fully sure on how it's fully done, I looked in to it when I was building my head about 2 years ago

it is possible thou I know that

and the biggest after market valve out there is 1 mill

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
unless you go 0.5mm OS 2jz valves, those are 2mm. but as Ryan said, you run out of room fast at 1.5mm, the space in between the valves is very narrow as is

lunatic

A man with a plan
May 12, 2009
kuna, ID
i was talking to my machinist about this and i was wondering if you were going to run turbo or NA on this thing i myself went with the stage 2 because he said that with a turbo you don't want to much overlap because the turbo is gonna be tripping over itself the whole time and i didn't even know they made a stage 4 since its not listed on their site anymore