Battleground, WA deer hate Supras

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Last night the guy who is welding my intercooler piping hit a deer at 25 MPH. The drivers side fender, side marker (clear bubble marker from wolfie308), and front trim were all damaged. This is the 3rd Supra in the last 6 months to be hit by a deer in Battleground. WTF!!! The carnage

/rant

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
luckily it wasn't worse than that. i had a blazer cut a parking space too close and do the exact same thing in the exact same place, it fixed up nicely.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I plan to go thinning the heard. Those bastards have damaged one too many Supra's. Matt's Supra (highnitro) faired much worse. His whole drivers side was destroyed, turning his Supra into a parts car. The last time my Supra got hit my Supra faired much worse. Atleast this time it's only the fender, front trim, and clear bubble marker that got damaged and atleast the paint is fresh, so color matching will be easy.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just got the insurance quote, $732 to do the repairs. The insurance company is issuing a check for $232 ($732 minus John's $500) deductable. John and I are working on tracking down a straight fender and already have a couple leads. Mattsplat72 is giving me the trim piece I need, and I've already PM'd Wolfie308 about getting a replacement bubble marker. Atleast I'm getting my intercooler piping welded up for free due to the accident. You guys are the best BTW. I love SupraMania!!!

Adam

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Unless the deer put his head down and charged the side of adams car, which doesnt look to unlikely

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Deer hit cars all the time around here. They come out of the woods and hit the side of your car. So yes...deer do hit cars.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Too bad he didn't hit those headlights. That must have been the problem, poor light output making it impossible to see the dear until the last second.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Dunkel, I wasn't driving. The guy who is welding up my intercooler piping was.

GotTurbos? That was cold. My flushmounts put out respectable light output, but they aren't as good as HID's or Xenons (I'm waiting for the cash to upgrade to Xenons, another $450)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
honestabe;1182696 said:
Dunkel, I wasn't driving. The guy who is welding up my intercooler piping was.

Why wasn't he able to stop? Seems like you would have to almost try to hit a deer only going 25. Only 37ft/sec. Ignore my ignorance, I've never been in an accident. I've had many close calls, but was able to get myself out of them.

In any case, glad to see that nobody was hurt, and the car is fixable.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
looks like the deer popped out and surprised him on the side.

maybe you should build some flush mount deer horns :D -not hating, i like the headlights

j3pz

still learning
i hit a deer last week in my supra. saw it before it decided it was gonna run out in front of me and i had enough time to slow down a little before i slammed my brakes on. then i hit it sliding around 15mph and sent that little bastard flying in the air, funny as shit. i checked the car and all was good, no damage at all. thank god for our soft bumpers

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I have dodged deer a number of times up here in the Valley it is farily rural and there are a lot of deer that live down along the Skagit river. Alot of times they will get spooked and just bolt. A few years ago I was Driving my Fed UP truck and a deer bolted thru the brush right into the side of my BIG ASS WHITE TRUCK.