battery question...

I want to know what is the best battery i can get at a reasonable price for my supra.:1zhelp:

I dont want to get ripped off when i take the one i have now... it didnt last very long. 1 year:cry:...ugh.... is that normal for a supra?

As i recall it isnt normal for any car!:3d_frown:

Thanks DT... for the move.:love:

Since my bad that one time i dont know where to put stuff anymore.:nono:

Fletch124;892828 said:
Somethings wrong with that battery. Optima is about $200. Just looked up a battery for a mk3 from Kragen. $70-$180.

I bought it late one nite for 50bucks at autozone when the battery gave out on my way home from my purchase....:nono:

Fletch124;892828 said:
Somethings wrong with that battery. Optima is about $200. Just looked up a battery for a mk3 from Kragen. $70-$180.

why this battery if you dont mind me asking?

I dont have a turbo. remember i have an n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
lol. The Red or Gold top Duralast batteries are supposed to be pretty good. Iirc, have a 2 year full warranty as well.

Anything about the Supra, that would be shared between both turbo and n/a(suspension, batteries, wheels,brakes, etc.) post it here in the general section. For specific problems(running, idling, etc.) or questions, post in the section that applies to your car, either turbo or n/a.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Optima are suppose to be really good batteries. Something over like 1000cca. I have the Advanced Auto Platinum battery. I think it was around $80. So far, so good with it. I've been using the platinum batteries for years now on different cars. I'd say they are pretty good for the price.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Your battery died RIGHT after you bought it?

Your alternator is dead. Get it tested.

I usually gt batteries at Costco or Walmart, cheap, but I get them cheaper at work now

Fletch124;892828 said:

cuel;892852 said:
lol. The Red or Gold top Duralast batteries are supposed to be pretty good. Iirc, have a 2 year full warranty as well.

Anything about the Supra, that would be shared between both turbo and n/a(suspension, batteries, wheels,brakes, etc.) post it here in the general section. For specific problems(running, idling, etc.) or questions, post in the section that applies to your car, either turbo or n/a.

I purchased that gold battery but i dont have a receipt on it. and by looking up online/autozone it says this battery carries a 3 year warranty....free replacement.:naughty:

i might take them up on their offer tomorrow. Too bad my other car doesnt have the same thing going....

and thanks for the tip... i hope to remember that info for my next posting... i really appreciate it!

Big Wang Bandit;892863 said:
Your battery died RIGHT after you bought it?

Your alternator is dead. Get it tested.

I usually gt batteries at Costco or Walmart, cheap, but I get them cheaper at work now

No it didnt die right after i purchased it. I purchased the battery back in 06 when I bought the car. It just now that the battery is dying. Had the triple A guy check my battery/and just start it for me to make sure.

I dont want to put too much more money into my supra right now... too much garbage going on about $$ at home... it royally sucks... i should have gotten together with someone who would appreciate my love for the supra... and me trying to get her running again...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i merged your three consecutive posts, as they were but minutes apart. use the EDIT function! ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm partial to optimas as they don't leak as easily (they will "vent" when overcharged), and I've seen too many vehicles ruined by the acid...

nvgc8

Narf! Zort! Troz! Fjord!
Sep 14, 2007
Meridian, ID
+1 Costco
Good Batteries at a great price. They used to carry the Optima red top for $30 less than any other dealer.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i got my optima red top from advance auto for $149 iirc, it's been a year now and ive had no trouble at all

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
GrimJack;892884 said:
Buy a battery from Costco. They are decent batteries at a fantastic price, and their return policy is absolutely fantastic.

I agree. Mine lasted well over 3 years without missing a beat.

Also Die hard gold is great.
Interstate Is a great one as well.

Jst make sure you get the correct spec for the Supras. You definitley need the correct CCA for the Supras or else the engine will drad during startup.