Battery Ideas

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
my battery wont hold a charge anymore and i'm going to get a new one. which do you guys recomend? also, i'm thinking of relocating the battery, too. know of any good relocation kits or what exactly to get for that?

thanks in advance.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Can't say on relocation, but I love my Odyssey. Takes a huge amount of abuse and just keeps on going.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
mkIIIman089, is your odyssey battery a smaller than stock one? where did you get it? part number?

88YotaTurbo, what part number is your optima battery?

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
i can't recall but i do know the posts were opposite so i had to mount the battery 180degrees different then stock. but the terminals still reached :)
i'll get the part number for you tomorrow. I remember the price being $130 i think the CCA are 1200 and CA 800. very very strong and 3 yr free replacement.

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
if your battery doesn't hold a charge check your fuses...my alternator fuse was all green with oxydation so i got a new one...if yours is the same remove the screw that is holding it before yanking it out and breaking the plastic...like me...lol

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Optima 34r is what you need if you buy a red top. No stretching cables. Posts are on correct sides, and the battery bracket fits perfect.

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
I liked my good old interstate battery. Batteries are funny because everyone has their different opinion on them and what they consider good.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
buy a battery that fits your needs- autozone has the best pricing/warranty. optima red tops are for cold starting, yellow tops are for deep cycling. smaller batteries are great for weight savings, but lack the capacity/cold start ability of larger batteries.

realize that to be LEGAL a battery relocation is VERY involved. certainly not worth it for the average guy....and if done incorrectly can have dire consequences.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
turbo4toy said:
I liked my good old interstate battery. Batteries are funny because everyone has their different opinion on them and what they consider good.

It's funny you say that. I had my Optima for about a year, and if I let the car sit for longer than a week, I had to jump it or trickle charge it for a day. I checked the whole system, no drain? WTF? So i finaly got tired of jacking w/ it, got a Toyota TrueStart from work (which is made by Interstate), and no more problems. I can't even get my Optima to take a trickle charge now.

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
bryanintexas said:
It's funny you say that. I had my Optima for about a year, and if I let the car sit for longer than a week, I had to jump it or trickle charge it for a day. I checked the whole system, no drain? WTF? So i finaly got tired of jacking w/ it, got a Toyota TrueStart from work (which is made by Interstate), and no more problems. I can't even get my Optima to take a trickle charge now.

Its just like the DOC said you have to consider what you need and want from it. And find the best fit. Every battery has it's weaknesses and advantages.

I would also say to take your alternator and battery to a local parts store and they can check them. Might help you figure out the problem quicker and cheaper.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I run a PC680. You need to be very careful with how much electricity your car uses when its no longer running, it only takes like 1 or 2 minutes of something being on after my fan shuts off for it to be too dead to turn the engine over more then maybe 3 compression strokes.

Remember that before you plunk down more then 100 bucks for one.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
small battery = small power

If my car was a pure racecar an I had a way to jumpstart it everytime if needed, I'd run an odyssey...

I run an optima for the simple reason of not wanting a leaking battery