battery hooked up backwards

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
hooked the battery up backwards. To the car?

Well you will be EXTEREMLY lucky if you did not fry your ECU, TCCS and basically any and all electronics in the car.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
hockenberry6278;951421 said:
the car cranks over just dont start the fuses blew for the ecu so i changed them but what all would be blown of burnt

Everything that is electronic. No not electric like the starter. I am talking radio, ECU, TCCS computer etc. In otherwords if it had silicone in it, probably dead. Of course you mght get lucky and nothing.... but I would not count on it!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Most of the aftermarket electronics in the car will probably all be fried. (Radio, aftermarket fuel computers, turbo timer, etc...)

Most of the factory systems have a chance of surviving due to the fusible links under the hood. As mentioned, check those first.

If you've replaced them all, and you've still got a "crank no start" condition, start here:

http://www.supracentral.com/foundation/tsrm/efi-system/

FI_049.gif

Get out a good digital multimeter and with the cables still connected to the ECU, follow these diagnostic steps:

FI_051.gif

Don't just start randomly swapping parts, do the tests and you'll figure out exactly what's fried.