Batman smoke screen

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
After i boost i get a terrible amount of smoke out of the exhaust.would this be the turbo smoking?I had changed my turbo out and same issue occurs,maybe i got too bad ct26's in a row.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
white and a little bit of blue.I pulled the breather hose from the tb and vented it to atmosphere and the smoke is gone.But there is a little water showing up in the oil mostly on the head though not so much in the oil pan.Even got a little bit of coolant to blow out of the breather.Shouldnt be bhg both surfaces are decked and i have an hks mhg and arp head studs.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
I do have a t4 turbo set up ive been waiting too install.A cxracing gt35 t4 and a really nice thick tubular manifold and external wastegate.I hope it spools quick like my ct26.I can get full boost at 2000rpm its nice cause im not a big fan of turbo lag.I am concerned about the little bit of water in the head but it could be condensation from the car not being driven much.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Condensation can be one. It's winter here now and I get it quite often when ever I warm the car up. I figured there might be water in the exhaust so a gave it a bit of a hard rev and all the wet carbon that mixed with the war spat all out right into my sister's car that was parked behind it. :nono: Show's that your Cat is working as well.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
tomsupra8683;1793933 said:
white and a little bit of blue.I pulled the breather hose from the tb and vented it to atmosphere and the smoke is gone.But there is a little water showing up in the oil mostly on the head though not so much in the oil pan.Even got a little bit of coolant to blow out of the breather.Shouldnt be bhg both surfaces are decked and i have an hks mhg and arp head studs.

Just because it "shouldn't" be a BHG doesn't mean it isn't. Do yourself a favor and just pull the plugs to do a compression check.

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
tomsupra8683;1793972 said:
I do have a t4 turbo set up ive been waiting too install.A cxracing gt35 t4 and a really nice thick tubular manifold and external wastegate.I hope it spools quick like my ct26.I can get full boost at 2000rpm its nice cause im not a big fan of turbo lag.I am concerned about the little bit of water in the head but it could be condensation from the car not being driven much.

not to be a dick but good luck getting full boost out of a gt35 at 2000 RPMS, aint going to happen. And not meaning to sound like a dick again, but you know you cant just throw that stuff on. Do you have maft pro, or some sort of way of controlling air flow. your AFM has to go.

topekamk3

Nov 4, 2011
Topeka, KS
Compton74;1795246 said:
not to be a dick but good luck getting full boost out of a gt35 at 2000 RPMS, aint going to happen. And not meaning to sound like a dick again, but you know you cant just throw that stuff on. Do you have maft pro, or some sort of way of controlling air flow. your AFM has to go.
His afm doesn't HAVE to go...he could do safc