Base Tune MAFT Pro

7MGFY

Boost Fiend
Sep 14, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I just installed my Maft Pro in speed density mode last night and am having trouble getting it to run quite right I would be interested if someone would post a good set of settings for me I have a 3" turboback no muffler with bic ddp in tercooler hardpipes no maf connected HKS SSQV vented to atmosphere. those are the only relavant mods I assume. Also where should I tee in the map sensor?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Most people get their manifold readings for the MAP sensor from the same line that runs to the cruise control unit. It comes off a nipple at the back of the upper intake manifold (between the manifold and the firewall).

As for setting, you're really just going to need to look around. The base parameters are covered in the manual and beyond that the settings for an almost identical engine could prove to be a mile off.

Are you running stock boost and stock injectors?

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
what software version are you running?
I followed the quick start on this forum and supraforums and had no issues.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I have the latest 5.11 version from TurboBob, but can not, for the life of me, get it installed onto the MaftPro from my laptop...

HELP. LOL

Seriously, I only want to set it up with the latest version of the software, and all the new tweaks that Bob has included.

He says he's running this version on his stealth, and that it should work on the Supra.

I've got the new manual, and the other sites that show how to get everything to hook up. I can get aldl and emulation to work, but can't figure out how to transfer the program into the maftpro... (I'm sure it's totally easy.. )

Thanks in advance..

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Are you trying to use the TPCU update utility Adjuster?

Updating the Maft is completely irrelevant to the ALDL tracking and anything in TunerPro

As far as this goes:
7MGFY;1157229 said:
I'm running version 5.0 and 4.14 tunerpro where is the 5.0 quickstart?

Don't worry about the 5.0 quickstart, there isn't one, just use the 4.4 quick setup, and things should fall into place, everything is pretty similar, a few things are named a bit differently, and there are a few new settings that you can leave at the defaults for now or go check out the 5.0 manual for detailed info

Make sure you tell the Maft Pro to use VE Table #2
If you've updated the Maft Pro, be sure to do a full reset (hold down right 2 buttons while the unit powers up until it says it's being reset) and then you have to re-enter all your data, so be sure you have a copy of all the settings first

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
So, how does it work to download, or upload the newer software into my maftpro? I have v.4 something loaded into the unit.
I want to run v.5.11 I have it on my laptop I think.

If I can figure out how to get it into the maftpro, and then I re-boot the maftpro by powering it up with the right two buttons held down, then I go through and put all the parameters into the maftpro for the Supra per the 4.whatever quick start, but use #2 for the VE table...

Right?

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
TPCU Will let you download the current software, or what you want to do: upload new software (.s19 files iirc)

I think it also lets you download and upload your tune (.bin file) BUT I would not use this to install a bin from one version of Maft software to another version, thats why you copy your settings by hand and go through all the settings after updating and resetting.

Incase you need a link, TPCU can be downloaded in this thread:
http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2129