base map 2j on 7m?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
Hey guys if I were setting up a new ecu or piggyback and I have a 2j running on 7m electronics should I use a 7m base map? anything I should change? thinking of redoing my tune from scratch and just needed to know if that was the correct base map to use. I am running a maft pro currently but plan to change it eventually.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Everything is going to be different, so you'll have to play it safe until you have the tune adjusted for the different engine.
Be careful, you can melt an engine quickly if you're not!

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
toyotanos;2035404 said:
Everything is going to be different, so you'll have to play it safe until you have the tune adjusted for the different engine.
Be careful, you can melt an engine quickly if you're not!

anyone have any idea where i'd start with that? or have a map in particular they used and I can work with to start as a base?
I wasn't sure if I should be using a 7m base map or a 2j one, it's driving me nuts haha.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'd use whatever 2J map data you have, as it'll be closer than a 7M map. If you have nothing aside from 7M stuff, you can try to start with it, but just be careful to go over everything before running boost.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
toyotanos;2035418 said:
I'd use whatever 2J map data you have, as it'll be closer than a 7M map. If you have nothing aside from 7M stuff, you can try to start with it, but just be careful to go over everything before running boost.

well I run between 10-13psi on average with current fuel restrictions. I'm probably moving to a ecumasterusa piggyback. They have a build running near identical to mine and have the maps for it. Not to mention it's a hell of a better piggyback than the maft pro it seems.