Bare with me here

_Darth_vaider_

Aug 27, 2014
California
So I was cruising through the web and I ran across something rather interesting an engine by toyota that interested me. Not just an engine a turbo diesel enginrle the 1kzte so than I thought "has anyone attempted this?" And that brings me here what do you all know about the 1kzte engine fitting in the mk3? I thought it would be a nice project to do with my spare shell.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
From what I've heard of those they are not stout motors to modify. The head gaskets are problematic if I am thinking of the correct Toyota diesel engine.

If it could be modified like people do with the diesel mercedes engines it would be worthwhile. If you could achieve, say, 250hp and 500 or 600 ft-lbs then it would be worth it. I don't think you can reliably get that from those engines though.

Plus due to the fact they're highly sought after for swaps into US market Toyota trucks they cost more than a nice 2JZGTE usually.\

On the plus side, you could have the worlds first Supra with NO engine electronics. Those diesels either came with none or could be modified to eliminate all the electronics and run purely on mechanical systems.

You'd be the only guy with a running turbo Supra when the zombies come, lol.