Bad MBC? LOL

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
so after playing around for a little bit with the car and driving it hard.. started to hit fuel cut.. so when i get home i pop the hood see a little smoke coming from the turbo elbow so i run over there and pull my melted boost controller off it... somehow it came out of its spot and fell there... time for a new one.. will be calling dr.jonez soon when i get money ;)

100_0322a.JPG

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
DAMN man! Was that pretty much solid metal where it's melted?! You may want to invest in a MBC that can be mounted to the firewall or near the stuts with bolts. How did you have that thing mounted?!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Looks like plastic to me.

Boost gauge? Did you see how high the boost went or would it just default to wastegate pressure?

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
well it was mounted near the strut tower and last summer i had a exhaust leak from the elbow that melted the little plastic clip that held it there.. since i just had it sticking in the holder the little clip made i tight.. never thought about it

i think it happened when i whip it around the corner and must have flew off...

no i dont know how high the boost went never looked.. was going down a curvey road and making sure i wasnt going to hit anything

yea and ill sell it for $5 though i would have to take it out of the garbage so make it $10